Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a simple door alarm?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I rent and am looking around to find out about simple door alarms. Nothing drastic or expensive. Just a simple alarm that will buzz or ring if the door gets opened. We have a long hallway and I have two children 10 years and 2 years. It's not so much worrying about anyone coming in that we don't know about I am more about my kids going out and me not knowing.

I do keep the door locked and could put a kid gate up to prevent the door from being opened, but just would feel safer with an alarm.

Ideas of brands would be helpful. Thanks.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I don't remember the brand, but in my last house I went to WalMart or Lowes and got little "alarms" that went on doors and the windows.  It was just 2 pieces, one for the door and one directly across from it on the door frame.  If the door opened it would make this beeping sound, almost like a smoke detector would, and you could turn it off whenever you didn't need it.  I think I paid $20 for a set of 2.  I loved it.  GL hun!

ajswenson
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I used to sell them.  You can get them at Home Depot/Lowe's.  They can alarm or chime.  Stick to the door and then the other piece to the door jam - when the connection is broken, the alarm goes off. It's been a while, but I want to say they are under $20, maybe even under $10.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:02 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:  

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

ValensMomma
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:05 AM

We have one like that, the brand of ours is Intermatic....DH got it at Home Depot.

Quoting ajswenson:

I used to sell them. You can get them at Home Depot/Lowe's. They can alarm or chime. Stick to the door and then the other piece to the door jam - when the connection is broken, the alarm goes off. It's been a while, but I want to say they are under $20, maybe even under $10.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

babygoose78
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Do you know where the two replies went that were here before? One had a website to look at. The other one was a suggestion about putting bells on my door. I'd like to thank them both but they aren't here anymore :o(

I didn't babysit my post either, so I can understand if somethings got deleted, but am kinda wondering.

Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)