Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone put in a new AC & Heating unit in their house recently? *Edited*

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

Me and my husband are looking to putting in a new AC/Heat unit. Ours is ok in the winter but sucks in the summer. they way they have it put in we gets lots of air flow in the back of the house and little in the front (where my kids room is, the living room, dining room, and kitchen). I live in Kansas and we are already haveing weather heat index of 104 or higher. Anyway i was just wondering a few things.

1. What would be the best system to get?

2. How much do they usally run? Installiton and everything.

*Edited*

My house is about 2400 sq ft i believe

Its a 5 brdm 2bath

has 17 windows

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommybug77
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:41 PM

It is going to depend on how big your house is on what size you should get.

Everyone is going to give you a different quote for installation. It is often a big job & even can take more than 1 person depending on what needs to be done.

184/169.5/150

ajswenson
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I really don't know but I thought my dad just told me that my g'ma had to put a new one in this spring and it was $3400 for a ranch home approx 1200 sq ft main floor.......but I really don't know.

F_Stathouse
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I'm so jealous we have one AC in the window and that's the boys room..  Good Luck though....

juneautumn3
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:35 AM
My husband sells HVAC out of Idaho... he says prices should range from 5k-8k depending on the efficiency of the system (This price should also inc. installation, labor, permits, etc.) Call him if you have any specific questions... 208-412-6693 his name is Joe
CFMommies
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Hey there, we live in North Carolina and just recently had an entire new system, ductwork and all installed. We opted for an A/c unit and a gas furnace instead of a heat pump. We have natural gas which is more efficent here. We also installed air filtrations system, humidifier and air sanitizer (our old unit was full of mold). Since we have about 3700 sq feet and 1/2 of that is basement that is totally underground, we had to have a zoned system with 2 separate trunk lines for the upper and lower floors. Total cost was about 16,000 dollars. But is totally worth it, we have such cool air now and clean air. Our power bill is less now also because of the effiency of the a/c system. Good luck, get several estimates and go with the best company. Our deciding factor was the ease of customer service and how fast they could get it all done. Took them about a week to finish it all, we only went without a/c for about 2 days total.

~~Leslie~~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)