Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a simple door alarm?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I rent and am looking around to find out about simple door alarms. Nothing drastic or expensive. Just a simple alarm that will buzz or ring if the door gets opened. We have a long hallway and I have two children 10 years and 2 years. It's not so much worrying about anyone coming in that we don't know about I am more about my kids going out and me not knowing.

I do keep the door locked and could put a kid gate up to prevent the door from being opened, but just would feel safer with an alarm.

Ideas of brands would be helpful. Thanks.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
babygoose78
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:13 AM

bump

cjsmom0206
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Hang up some bells...forget the door alarm! :)

babybull0601
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:17 AM

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/wireless-door-alarm.html

I did a quick google search and found this one so Im sure their are more out there.

babygoose78
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Yah, duh me lol, I could do that. One of them why didn't I think of that moments. I am usually a thinker. I am actually thinking an alarm sounding off might make them stop. We have a new deck on the back and I am so worried my daughters going to get injured, not sure if can put a gate on it or not....like I said, we rent :o(

Thanks for the idea.

Quoting cjsmom0206:

Hang up some bells...forget the door alarm! :)

babygoose78
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Thanks, I usually google too. I am kinda looking at feedback from people that have alarms too.

I looked at radioshack.com too, they have some. I'll check out the link tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Quoting babybull0601:

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/wireless-door-alarm.html

I did a quick google search and found this one so Im sure their are more out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)