Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast Infection, BV, or Trichomoniasis?? TMI EDIT 3RD UPDATE FRIDAY

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:55 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I have been having a lot of itching, pain during sex, and some foul smelling discharge going on down below. I went to Wal-Mart looking for vagasil and found a kit that tests your PH level for things such as a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, or even trichomoniasis. I don't know if you ladies have used these before but you insert it into the vagina and it gives you a PH reading. 4.5 is normal. 5.0-5.5 can mean a yeast infection and 6.0+ can mean BV or Trich, well my level was 6.0. Wow... So... I obviously need to make an apt. with my OB (I skipped my last pap smear) and find out what is going on. However, I looked up Trich and it said it is an STD. I've been with my DH for 3 year so is it possible I would've had this for three years and not known it??? And what kind've tests will be doc do to find out what it is...will he know the day of my testing? I feel so nervous and grossed out and worried.

By the way... I also have the Mirena IUD and website on BV said women with IUD's have a higher chance of getting it.

UPDATE:

So this morning I have been having really bad pain in my lower abdomen. It won't stop. :( I called my OB and they are going to see me at 930 AM tommorow morning. :(

UPDATE Monday Morning:

Went to OB. He was happy I had came in. He said it was smart to not assume it is a yeast infection and to come in every time something like this happened. He took a swab and a culture and I have to call Friday morning for the test results. I wish I didn't have to wait that long but at least I will know.

UPDATE FRIDAY:

Alrighty. Just got off phone with Dr.'s office and they said it does show I have a bacterial infection. She said she would call me in some medicine for it.Glad to know that at least now it will be treated.

I am a breastfeeding because it is best co-sleeping when we feel like it vaccinating because I feel it's important disposable diapering because I'm too lazy to do cloth part-time working because I can't stay at home all day long online classes college student working towards a law career wife to one amazing man, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, Madison, and a 7 month old, Isabelle and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, I am anti-death penalty, pro-life and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachana
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:58 PM

"For both men and women, a health care provider must perform a physical examination and laboratory test to diagnose trichomoniasis. The parasite is harder to detect in men than in women. In women, a pelvic examination can reveal small red ulcerations (sores) on the vaginal wall or cervix."

More here.

new baby

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:04 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

babybump87
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:08 AM

what is trich exactly?

kellyt77
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM

my best friend got trich a few years ago.  she hooked up with this guy and about a week later had those issues you were talking about.  she got some meds from the doctor and it cured up pretty quickly.  it is a parasite and you would have known a long time ago if you had it.  good luck to you!

travel2island
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:46 AM
My bet is BV. See your doctor quick and I"m sure some meds will clear it.
katienick
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM

It soulnds like BV, I use to get that all the time.  A Family member got trich and she didn't sleep with anybody.  I have heard that you can get it from toilet seats if you sat on right after someone who has had it and had your private part on the actual seat.  Slim chance but it could happen.

Nightowl-Momma
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Best to not guess or worry until you go see OB/Gyn and get tested.  They will most likely test you for more STD's than what you mentioned, such as Chlamydia, Syphillis, Gonnorhea.  Probably vaginal swab, along with pelvic exam, and some blood work.  They can diagnose some right there if they have a microscope in the office to check the sample.  Others will take a few days to get a result.  Either way, treatment is needed.  If it is trich., you and your spouse will need to be treated, as if it is something else also.  Usually if they suspect one STD, they will check for more along with it to make sure nothing else has been picked up.

Getting one of these off a toilet seat is a great "wish", but the reality is that there is a very slim chance of picking it up there.  Maybe sitting on someones wet gym towel in a locker room that they used to wipe their infected @#%$.

If it turns out to be an STD, you have some serious talking to do with your hubby if you know you haven't been with anyone.  I don't believe that any of these would have laid dormant for such a long time.

Hang in there......get it checked out, and put your fears to rest.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Sharon

Brandy.B
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:48 PM

BUMP

I am a breastfeeding because it is best co-sleeping when we feel like it vaccinating because I feel it's important disposable diapering because I'm too lazy to do cloth part-time working because I can't stay at home all day long online classes college student working towards a law career wife to one amazing man, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, Madison, and a 7 month old, Isabelle and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, I am anti-death penalty, pro-life and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

easinpc
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Quoting easinpc:

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)