Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas for a gift for my daughter's 1st birhtday

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have no idea what to buy my daughter for her 1st b-day aug 30.  So far I have a disney princess couch for her.  Any ideas?

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Smartypants2008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I bought my DS a small pool and some pool toys to go with his other things.  He loves it!

I'm a 21 year old, single, Christian, spanking, anti CIO, anti co-sleeping, ERF, EH, pro-life, liberal conservative, vaxing, fun loving, book toting, disposable diapering, formula feeding, whatever works, SAHM.  Anyone have a problem with that?
Why is my child RF past 1year AND 20lbs?  I ERF because my child is NOT a minimum, because RF is 5x safer than FF, because it is recommended by the AAP,  because it is about safety not comfort, and because I can!

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Not sure. My son doesnt play with toys. Not like he doesnt have a million of them, he just shows zero intrest in them. lol

Twilight-Icons   

Instead of a prince with a horse, I'd rather have a Vampire with a Volvo. :)

angie_david
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM

My childs 1st Bday he got everything!! He loved getting one of those little cars to ride on. Then ones that dont move with power....just the ones they sit on and scoot. It normally also has a handle on the back so when they are walking they can push it. My son LOVED pushin it more than riding it!  Also, he loved getting toys he could learn with like the shapes that go in the holes. Anyway.....he played with all his toys for over 2 years that he got from his 1st bday. They were all toys he could use and grow with!

imamombygrace
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I know we bought DD some keepsakes and some toys for her birthday.  She was really fond of the Fisher price blocks with little animals inside and a little van that had a mom/child that went in it.  Her favorite gift of all that year..turned out to be gift from a friend.  It was so unexpected she was deployed in Iraqi and sent DD this Dora table with chairs.  DD absolutely loved the table and still has it..she is four now.  They make great little tables for coloring, playing with clay..or other crafts, and a book table.

imamombygrace
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Oh, I remember that year we also got her a water wheel table from walmart.  She really loved that table..but, after a couple of years she lost interest in it.

cristyanne
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:11 AM

My son got tons of gifts from friends and family and he loved them all but honestly his favorite was the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Kitchen hubby and I had saved for and bought him. He is 19 months now and still loves it and when we have other kids over regardless of age that is the first toy they all go to. his favorite gift other than that would probably be the Fisher Price Little People Castle my parents bought him. They had to search ebay for one that wasn't pink since he's a boy but he LOVES that too!

stormielei
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:11 AM

sand and water toys, bubbles sidewalk chalk, maybe a picnic table for outside, clothes. just think, what could you use for her???

Bunny513
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:19 AM

blocks, something that plays music, look for playskool stuff, a baby doll

Sally

"Is anyone driving this thing or at least have directions?"

newmommyhjm
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:28 AM

We got our daughter a couple of outfits and an indoor slide, swing and ballpit set. ;0) She LOVES it and with baby number two on the way, it'll get TONS of use! lol. *she turned 1 on March 25th but we gave it to her a month early because daddy was going to be gone on her birthday**

I'm Heather. Proud Army wife to Colt, who is currently deployed to Afghanistan. Loving Mommy to Chyenne, the prettiest little milk monster, and baby Cohen, due in August.

blessed5312
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:23 AM

We got my DS a ride on toy trike (push kind not peddle) and a thomas the train helmet and pads set to go with it for his first birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)