Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

moms eyes are blue. dads hazel. baby?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM
  • 87 Replies

just wondering what results there are out there...i have blue eyes and the father has hazel and we have no kids together previously what we might end up with

by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAarmywife
by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM

here is a bump. we both have blue eyes so our kids HAVE to have blue eyes, if they didnt well then one of us is not their parent lol.

armybridebaby girltoddler girl

Tracyrae
by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Mine blue/ ex DH greenish brown.  I have red hair, he has brown.  One red head/blue eyes, one blonde/ hazel eyes, one brunette, blue eyes.    Genetics are weird  :)

cypris420
by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Hard to say.  You'll just have to see how the genes work out! 

I have dark brown eyes, my husband has bright blue eyes.  We have three girls:  Brianna has bright blue eyes, Lillienne has brown eyes and Sophie (Lillienne's twin sister) has hazel eyes.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I have green/hazel eyes and SO has blue... DD has light brown... dont ask me how that happened... but brown eyes run in my moms side of the family... my mom has green, sister has green, my dad has blue... everyone in SOs family has blue eyes... my DD is one of two living relatives with brown eyes... im wondering what color DSs eyes will be, I will find out in a couple weeks!! yey... but I wont know for sure for a couple months.

isra1986
by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM

You never know. My mom has brown, dad has hazel, both with black hair and I have blue eyes and brown hair. Genetics are crazy

mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I think you can have a baby with any color. The only exception is if you both have blue eyes your baby will def. have blue eyes.

Rebecka83

My eyes are baby blue and my dhs are hazel I have blonde hair dh has dark brown hair my son has hazel eyes with dark blonde hair :)

bull

I have hazel eyes.. my hubby has GEORGIOUS blue.. like Sky Blue.. no joke.. they're PRETTY.. anyway.. both of our sons have grey-ish blue eyes.. more grey than blue.. really cool looking

Tracyrae
cypris420
by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Check out this website - it's pretty cool!  http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN