Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old girl dies AT daycare center!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM
  • 63 Replies

Ok- so there's this daycare in Baton Rouge, LA- a couple hours from where we live, that is officially shut down. They found a 3 year old girl dead inside the daycare's transportation van. Apparently, they accidentally forgot she was in there, and they left her there. I think they had picked her up from her house, and forgot about her once they got to the daycare. Could you imagine how horrible the person responsible for this must feel?

ANOTHER ONE:

VERY close to where I live, in St. Martinville, LA, a couple of months ago, a baby died in her carseat. The story I heard was that mom was in a rush to leave, and hurriedly told dad to take her to daycare. Dad understood, put her in the car. So he put her in the car. Mom never realized she was back there and went right on to work, and left her there. Poor baby. Poor family. I feel so sad for them.

by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitty18
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:15 AM

that is why i don't allow my baby boy to go to daycare. Well one of the reasons.  i mean how do you forget that you have a baby in the car, and leave it there, especially the daycare, whojust picked her up?!? That poor gilr and her family.

mrsjedwards
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:16 AM
how about the 2 year old who got killed by the boa constrictor or whatever kind of snake her dad had ILLEGALLY in their home? people are idiots.

21 and on my 2nd marriage. not ashamed. SAHW, i cook i clean i keep my man happy. soon to be SAHM as well. first baby is due AUG 20. first wedding anniversary SEPT 14.  support divorce when its needed. dont cheat, dont lie, dont disrespect. very opinionated but at the same time very open minded. married couples argue. its normal.  dont love obama. dont hate obama. support the war (mostly the men and women fighting it).  i live my life. your opinion/judgment/approval isnt needed.

BDolphins82
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:19 AM

yeah we already had 3 cases here in milwaukee. 2 died a 4 month old and and 2 month old.  the other one the kid was supposed to be dropped off at home and when she wasn't her father went to the place and heard his daughter crying thorough a cracked window.  needless to say he broke the window and got his daughter who was scared and hiding under a seat.

Rmiddelton
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:20 AM

There is no excuse for that. They should be tried for neglegence. Or the business should be shut down completely and every staff member should be drug tested and then all should have to pay a big fat fine. Or jail time whatever works. Because that is someones child, it's not like somebody spilled milk. Accident my ass!! Same with the parents leaving their baby in the carseat. What kind of parent forgets their child!!! That is just plain stupidity and also neglegance. There is no excuse for that. NONE!!! My husband and I would NEVER EVER forget our kids, what kind of a competant person does that. None I know. Those parents should have never had kids to begin with!!

LaNette000
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:22 AM

A few years ago, in a parish close to where I live. One of the workers(at a daycare center, is now shut down because of that) had fixed mop water in a 5 gallon bucket, left it sitting out and a little boy about 1 1/2 died from falling into it and drowning. He is buried by my fence in the backyard. We live by a cemetary. Very sad indeed! All these babies being forgotten on accident! 

LukesMommy912
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:22 AM

This is part of the reason why my son will not go on field trips with his daycare. It's a great place and he loves it there but I have looked at pictures of their carseat usage hanging on the walls and, nope! Not happening.

JenniferLeh
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Frighteningly enough, it's NOT that difficult. Usually a change in routine is the culprit!

Gawd, I almost forgot my 1 year old in the van. I usually leave him home with my husband when I take my 4 year old to preschool. I was in a hurry and he (my 1 year old) was being so quiet. Usually my 4 year old can open the door of the van himself. But the door has been jammed for sometime and decided not to work this time. I COMPLETELY forgot about my 1 year old!!!!

It was only when I jumped out of the van, went over to the passenger side and opened up the door for my 4 year old, did I look up and see my 1 year old!!!

I was ashamed that I could have forgotten him!!

Quoting mitty18:

that is why i don't allow my baby boy to go to daycare. Well one of the reasons.  i mean how do you forget that you have a baby in the car, and leave it there, especially the daycare, whojust picked her up?!? That poor gilr and her family.

Rmiddelton
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:25 AM

That is just horrible. My daughter was in a very tight knit private christian preschool. It was a small group, maybe like 10-15 kids total. There were at least 7 adults watching them and the door was always locked when the kids came in. I heard that a daycare in another country was invaded by a crazy guy who just walked in the front door and randomly started stabbing babies and toddlers. He just walked in because the door was unlocked.

JenniferLeh
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Quoting Rmiddelton:

There is no excuse for that. They should be tried for neglegence. Or the business should be shut down completely and every staff member should be drug tested and then all should have to pay a big fat fine. Or jail time whatever works. Because that is someones child, it's not like somebody spilled milk. Accident my ass!! Same with the parents leaving their baby in the carseat. What kind of parent forgets their child!!! That is just plain stupidity and also neglegance. There is no excuse for that. NONE!!! My husband and I would NEVER EVER forget our kids, what kind of a competant person does that. None I know. Those parents should have never had kids to begin with!!

You know one now. Am I stupid? Incompetent? Negligent?

Rmiddelton
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 1:28 AM

It's all those incompetant mindless parents. I mean come on, I have twin 11 month old boys and a 5 year old girl, I work outside the home, and my husband is a full time college student. We are extremely busy, but we have never forgotten about the kids. NEVER!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)