Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what works?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have 2 daughters, 2 1/2 yrs and 1 yr old. my mother and I have a licenced daycare, with them being there they are sick all of the time. It has been almost a year that we have been running the daycare, but it seems that for the last 3 months or so, (and off and on before then) we have been sick. even myself... Also my younger daughter has had allergies and has had running nose and red watery eyes so often since she's been very young. This is making me feel terrible, I started doing this to be able to be with them. now they are sick every other week it seems like. (i guess if i had a out of home job they would be in daycare either way). So my question is, does anyone know how i could boost their immune systems? I've been giving them multivitamins, and just got some vitamin c chewys. and my daughter with allergies, she had been on zyrtec (sp) for a while. it helped but didn't fix it. I've never had to deal with allergies, until i was pregnant with her, So any suggestions about that?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SharoninKy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I had been in childcare for many years and let me tell you, the first yr was hell as far as being sick all the time.  It does get better (not sure about the allergies).  You all will build up immunity to many things so when your kids are of school age you wont be getting called all the time to pick them up because they are sick.  Hang in there.  Also........  I always wiped door handles down daily with bleach wipes and sprayed the play areas with lysol daily after the kids left.  Also, at least once a week clean toys with bleach water (plastic toys, play dishes and food).  Do it more often for the toys that they stick in their mouths.  Hope this helps.

SharoninKy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:54 AM

oh I forgot another one, lol   Teach the kids to cover their coughs with their arm, it really helps on keeping the germs down.  Make sure they wash their hands often.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:36 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)