Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ummmm....So What Was She Getting At!?!(may be lengthy)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:01 AM
  • 25 Replies

So I was on myspace today and some random girl added me as a friend, I accepted her request and shortly after she began chatting with me on IM. Now, instead of saying hello, or introducing herself she begans the convo by saying "So I see you're having Matt's Baby." (Matt is my boyfriend and yes I put a pregnancy ticker on my mysapce.) So I answered her "yes." During this convo I asked my boyfriend who this girl was and he said that it was one of his ex girlfriends' from years ago and that he hadn't had contact with her since they broke up. So anyways, this girl goes on to tell me that she is happy for me but that I should be careful of him. So of course I asked her why, and she said because he was always angry when they dated and that he kept trying to get her pregnant so he could "keep her." Matt and I have had our fair share of problems, but nothing that would actually make me fear him, and as for the pregnancy part, it was unplanned (to my knowledge) but we are going to stay together and he is going to be a father to his child. I asked him about what she was saying and he said that he had never tried to get her pregnant, and that he wasn't trying to get me pregnant either just so he could "keep me" but now that I am pregnant he is happy and looking forward to raising our baby together. Anyways, I just can't imagine why this girl would just randomly message me like that asking me about my boyfriend and trying to "warn" me about him and whatnot. Then she was all nice to me and kept telling me that if I had any preggo questions to ask her because she was a labor and delivery nurse and that she would talk to me later.

So my question is what in the hell was she getting at!? Do you think she is jealous or just trying to pry?

I believe him when he said he hadn't had any contact with her for years but now I'm just if this is just her trying to get me away from him so that she can be with him, or am I just paranoid that she wants my man?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Some girls just thrive off of drama.  It's almost as if they can't live without trying to cause conflict between other people.  I wouldn't take anything she said to heart.  Sounds to me as if she has nothing better to do with her life.  Don't let someone like that come between you and your SO.  GL hun!

Christy644
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

You already know in your heart the kind of man he is. She sounds liek a jealous twit. cyber stalker.

Gwynyth
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:08 AM

I would be very leery of speaking with her, it sounds like she has some sort of agenda.  If you have no concerns about your boyfriend then don't  let her undermine your relationship.  She may not be thinking of getting back with him, but still may be jealous.  I doubt that she has honest friendship intentions.  Avoid communication with her if you can.  Don't let her get involved in your life.  Good luck! 

CafeMom Tickers
your_angel
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well, because what are the chances that she's just honestly trying to be friends with me out of nowhere when we have never met? The relationship between my boyfriend and I is just fine and we haven't had any major problems. So you ladies are right and I appreciate the advice :)

Mrs.Wasson
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I had this same thing happen with my hubby and one of his ex's. Don't put much stock in ANYTHING this girl says. She's an ex for a reason and, in relationships, the past needs to stay the past. She sounds a little on the jealous side and someone you should avoid. She prolly tried to reach your man (and couldn't or he wouldn't talk to her) so now she's trying to bother you. Don't worry about it...some women are just like that.

bigdogmom71
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:36 AM

She is what I would call a "pot stirrer".  You know, one who likes to stir up trouble?  I'd avoid her at all lengths, she may also be jealous.

CAarmywife
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:32 AM

if my ex fiance stated dating someone i would feel it my duty to warn her about him because if he dd to her what he did to me i would feel like its partly my fault. but im too far away to know anything to ever do anything.

your_angel
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM

hmmmm, see I'm not quite sure that I would feel that way if the tables had turned. If my ex had problems or whatever and he began dating another women, unless I knew that woman personally I wouldn't feel as If i needed to tell her anything about him. whether it be a warning or not. lol i don't know if that makes me mean but I'm not thinking I would reach out to a woman who was dating the man I used to if I didn't know or "care" about her.

damionsmama
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:22 PM

i'd delete her immediately. Its pretty abvious she's a troublemaker and all she wants to do is pry.

Sirenabella
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I felt the same way when my ex started dating his new gf. The only thing that stopped me was that I knew she wouldn't listen anyway. I wish I'd have listened to the "troublemakers" who tried to warn me.

Quoting CAarmywife:

if my ex fiance stated dating someone i would feel it my duty to warn her about him because if he dd to her what he did to me i would feel like its partly my fault. but im too far away to know anything to ever do anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)