Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So irritated!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

Its 11 pm here on the west coast & our flippin neighbors are setting off fire works in their backyard, keeping my 2 year old awake because he's scared. I understand its the 4th of July & all but seriously.. 11 pm is gettin pretty late & some people have kids who cant sleep because of all the racket... Would it be bitchy of me to ask them to stop if they are still settin them off around midnight?

Lovin Sr. Airman Walker && Adoring Mother To Elijah <3

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy644
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:09 AM

it's midnight here and it sounds like a shooting range outside still.

armygirl16
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM

I have a fan going that is muffling the sound of the fireworks. My 10.5 month old dd is afraid of them too.  Its 11:09 here and they are still constantly going off.  Sorry I'm not sure what you should do, they are going off everywhere over here (I live in Portland OR) so I can't really ask anyone to stop lol.  Good luck.

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I don't think it would be bitchy if you went over and said hey I have a 2 yr old that is still awake because your fireworks are scaring the crap out of him, would you mind stopping for the night.  If they continued then I would go into bitch mode lol

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

I don't think it would be bitchy if you went over and said hey I have a 2 yr old that is still awake because your fireworks are scaring the crap out of him, would you mind stopping for the night.  If they continued then I would go into bitch mode lol

Ok..I said something to my SO about it & he said something about being bitchy. lol Ok..well I aint even close to bitchy yet. When I'm dealing with a grumpy 2 year old in the morning because neither of us got sleep, then I will be in super bitch mode.

I mean,there are still some pretty big fireworks going off quite a ways away..but I mean, these are basically going off right outside our window.

Dodgermommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

This happens to us every year so we just run their fans and play their radio's a little bit louder then usual...the neighbors that set them off already know I have a 15 month old so for me it wouldn't work going and asking them to knock it off...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Quoting armygirl16:

I have a fan going that is muffling the sound of the fireworks. My 10.5 month old dd is afraid of them too.  Its 11:09 here and they are still constantly going off.  Sorry I'm not sure what you should do, they are going off everywhere over here (I live in Portland OR) so I can't really ask anyone to stop lol.  Good luck.

haha   I have seen the ones from portland side, i live across the river in wash state.  They are still going off here too.  They usually quit about 1am or so.  Our neighbors are done.

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting armygirl16:

haha   I have seen the ones from portland side, i live across the river in wash state.  They are still going off here too.  They usually quit about 1am or so.  Our neighbors are done.

I'm in Tacoma & I sure hope they dont last until 1 am.. lol

maxensmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting armygirl16:

i live in tacoma too!!!!!!! it just got dark here like an hour and a half ago! come on... it's just one night. put on a cool movie for him to watch or something.

or you could call the cops since ya know... no fireworks in city limits and all...

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Quoting maxensmom:

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting armygirl16:

i live in tacoma too!!!!!!! it just got dark here like an hour and a half ago! come on... it's just one night. put on a cool movie for him to watch or something.

or you could call the cops since ya know... no fireworks in city limits and all...

haha cops wouldnt do chit. lol There was a guy trying to break in my house one night while SO was deployed & they wouldnt send anyone out... Its just irritating because its scaring him and its way up his bedtime which really isnt helping matters.

maxensmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

Quoting maxensmom:

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting armygirl16:

haha cops wouldnt do chit. lol There was a guy trying to break in my house one night while SO was deployed & they wouldnt send anyone out... Its just irritating because its scaring him and its way up his bedtime which really isnt helping matters.

scary! what part of tacoma do you live in??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)