Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time pregnancy, not sure what to do and need HONEST advice please :)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

 Apparently I'm in the posting mood tonite.....here goes.

My boyfriend and I just recently moved to a new town where we don't know anyone or live close to either of our parents. So we sort of just have each other. Well, he asked me last week if I minded if he took a trip with his dad to go to Cedar Point in Ohio (we live in Illinois, so like a 6 hr drive) I asked him when he wanted to go and he told me the date which is later on toward the end of this month. I will be 32 weeks pregant and they will be gone for a week.

Now should I worry about him being so far away from me, and being this far along in my pregnancy? They are driving so he will be nearly 6 hrs away. The closest family I could call in case of emergency would be my parents and they only  live about 2 hrs away. I'm not worried about little stuff like maintaining the house and things like that. I just mean like in case of emergency or if I were to happen to go in to labor at that time he'd be so far away it wouldn't be easy for them to get back in a timely manner.

Should I ask him to stay or give him his little bit of freedom so he can have fun before the baby gets here?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom0206
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Let him go....I wouldn't be worried too much about it at 32 weeks....I'm a military momma and both pregnancies my husband has been gone here and there towards the end....you'll be fine, he will have a lovely time with his dad and be totally refreshed to take care of you for the last leg of your pregnancy!!! Congrats and good luck.

Mrs.Wasson
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

I wouldn't want him to go because I would have felt the same way. If you haven't had any pre-term labor signs, then you should be just fine if he does decide to go.

cindinoell
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Exactly what I was gonna say. If you have had no signs of early labor, I wouldn't worry. It's very rare for you to go into labor that early unless the baby has a health condition. Normally you go into labor AFTER your due date with your first. I definitely wouldn't worry, but maybe talk to your doctor? She might be able to give you some peace of mind and tell you how long she thinks you have until you go into labor.

Quoting Mrs.Wasson:

I wouldn't want him to go because I would have felt the same way. If you haven't had any pre-term labor signs, then you should be just fine if he does decide to go.



mom2tasianic
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:39 AM

I'd let him go but on the condition that if something happens, he will come right home...also let ur parents know so that they can be prepared just in case...


cece5000
by Cetia on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:41 AM

 If  the pregnancy is going well let him go.

stephNcary
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:46 AM

id maybe see if they could postpone it until after the birth of your child. when i was prego with #1 my FIL went camping and wanted my hubby and I to go with him. well i was due just a few short weeks later so I knew that I wasnt going and my hubby thought it wasnt a good idea just in case something happened. luckily nothing happened but still there is always the possibility.


sorry a little off track but just see if they could do it later and state why, and if for some reason he chooses to go anyway see if maybe your mom or someone could come stay with you during that week just in case. Id hate for you to be stranded in the time when you need someone.


good luck with whatever you choose to do.

~Stephanie~



MY MAY BABY

twistedcandy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:56 AM

if you can take a week off and go visit parents, friends. that way if something happens you will be close.. or see if your family can come stay with you. that way they can see where you live

Kyleighsmama08
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:07 AM

I would let him go. Hopefully if anything should happen (which more than likely it won't if everything has been fine thus far) he can make it back RIGHT AWAY. Labor usually lasts a long time so IF anything were to happen he could hurry home to be with you! I think everything would be okay if you haven't had any complications. BUT if you're uneasy about letting him go then just let him know. I'm sure he will understand.

resamerie
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:09 AM

Hard decision. I would want him to stay. My pregnancy was normal but I still delivered early. I think you may have to make this choice. Would you rather risk having the baby without him there, are having to take care of a newborn later when he goes on his trip without his help. Tough choice either way. 





  • angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
your_angel
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:22 AM

 I guess i'm just lookin' for an excuse to keep him with me :) lol

I'll let him go and try and see if my mom will come and stay with me for awhile. I haven't had any pre-term labor symptons or anything and I will definitely be sure to ask my doctor if he has any info on when he thinks i'll be laboring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)