Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St. Judes Childrens Research Hospital where no child is turned away

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

I could never imagine the loss of a child.I hold St.Judes Childrens Resarch Hospital very close to my heart,please look at the videos and click the link below and donate and see what you can do to help these children.Please tell your friends to see what they can do to help !

http://www.stjude.org/waystohelp

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofcutness
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:36 AM

oooooo those videos make me CRY so bad!! ESPECIALLY the second one! OMG!!!!

My in laws donate (im not sure how much) in my boys name every month and then double it on their birthday month and x-mas!!!!

We need to do something also :( 

rocklovinggirl
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:54 AM

To me this is one of my top choices to donate too-especially since my lovely 10 year old cousin has a cancerous tumor in her head and has to get 30 radiation treatments and then who knows what else!
My husband and I donate to a children's fund that automatically comes out from our paycheck... but in the future I would definitely love to donate to them!

A GREAT SITE FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE MONEY:
http://www.makeachildsmile.org
You just send cards to children in hospitals for different types of cancer!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a tattooed, pro-marijuana legalization, bi-sexual but monogamous, open minded Christian, rock/metal loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, non-circum, pro-life, anti-obama, pro- Ron Paul, baby carrying, scrapbooking, crafty, book reading, WoW playing, crazy hair dyeing, mostly libertarian, soon to be SAH mom and army wife! TEAM LESTAT! Due October 15-It's a boy!
sailfishmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

My husband and I always see these specials on weekends, its heart wrenching. We donate what we can. We know that could just as easily be one of our children in that situation and we'd need the help as well. I cant imagine what these families and children go through, my heart aches for them. And the children are always in such high spirits, I think thats what brings on the tears even more.

4mom247
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Thank you so much. I just added that to my favorites on my computer and I will most definitely be doing things to help.I will also put it on my profile for others to see.

Quoting rocklovinggirl:

To me this is one of my top choices to donate too-especially since my lovely 10 year old cousin has a cancerous tumor in her head and has to get 30 radiation treatments and then who knows what else!
My husband and I donate to a children's fund that automatically comes out from our paycheck... but in the future I would definitely love to donate to them!

A GREAT SITE FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE MONEY:
http://www.makeachildsmile.org/
You just send cards to children in hospitals for different types of cancer!

rocklovinggirl
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:25 AM

No problem! :) I wish I could get a group together to make the cards for these kids so I could get a bunch of them but I am not sure how... if anyone has ideas let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a tattooed, pro-marijuana legalization, bi-sexual but monogamous, open minded Christian, rock/metal loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, non-circum, pro-life, anti-obama, pro- Ron Paul, baby carrying, scrapbooking, crafty, book reading, WoW playing, crazy hair dyeing, mostly libertarian, soon to be SAH mom and army wife! TEAM LESTAT! Due October 15-It's a boy!
Mrs.Wasson
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I wanna go hold my kids now and thank god that they're healthy! That always makes me cry!

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:29 AM

We always contribute not to mention its not far from where we are at...

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:38 AM

I have donated to Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago for many years.  When my daughter was 5 she was diagnosed with a brain tumor and referred to Children's.  Hospitals like these are places you hope you will never need, but if you do you are so grateful they are there.  I could never have fathomed my daughter would need that kind of care.  I am grateful to each and every person who donates to Children's and St. Judes!!!!!

4mom247
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Just start one.lol Thats what I love about Cafemom you can start a group for just about anything.I would be more than happy to help you and be part of the group. I have a couple groups already that I know there are moms there that would love to join something like this. I am planning on doing things like some bake sales & carwashes with my kids and the communityto raise money for ST.Judes if we had a group we could even post our plans for things like that and maybe even get big enough to get Cafemom envolved some how. Im in,if you want to start a group.

Quoting rocklovinggirl:

No problem! :) I wish I could get a group together to make the cards for these kids so I could get a bunch of them but I am not sure how... if anyone has ideas let me know!

OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:47 AM

My Grandma is hoping to go to St. Jude's in Memphis, TN and personally deliver two dozen recieving blankets, a dozen each to NICU and to the other Nursery. My older sister passed away before I was born back in the mid 80's and so St. Jude has been very close in our family. Also I co-sponsor with my boss at Old Navy for our local Relay for Life and this year with Gap Inc., matching our districts donations we were able to raise 4,000 dollars for American Cancer Society. I am hoping to also get the chance to lead our district in the fun run/walk for Cincinnati, Ohio's Children Hospital event

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)