Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHat kind of vaccum do you have? I need opinions please!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a Bissel Powerforce Bagless. It the biggest waste of money, stupid pos. It cloggs all the time and just dosnt do the job. Plus it just makes a mess when i empty it.

soooooo i've convinced dh I want a new vaccum. This one with a bag. I need one that can pick up cat hair can stand up to a 3 year old mess and has major sucking power and dosnt get clogged. also has attachments. Im intereseted in the Orecks but wondering how well they really do. Cost is important as well, but ill get it when we get our income taxes back in January/Feb.

I was also thinking of just getting a shop vac, that worked wonderfully until my dh 's friend decieded to use it to clean up cement when they built the stone wall for the fire place. now it just spit outs cement dust.

Please reply, tell me what you have and what you like/dislike about it and the cost if you remember.

TIA!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blackwidow15
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:19 AM

kirby 15yrs 16kids still kicking wouldnt do without it!!!spider

JenniferLeh
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I used the Bissell vacuum too.

I highly recommend Dyson. It doesn't get clogged, it's bagless, but I've never had an issue with it making a mess when I empty it. Other than that, I don't have anything that can help you.

Photobucket
thomamomma76
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:34 AM

We have a Dyson DC25, which is one of the Dyson ball models. It is a really great vacuum cleaner. The only thing I don't like about it is how small the head of the attachment nozzle is. Other than that, I have no complaints about it.

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM

We have a Kirby vac. It has attachments and you can also get a carpet cleaner attachment that goes with it. It does a great job of picking up our dogs fur.

Swt_Mama
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Heres a bump I have hardwood and use the swifter vac but here is the website for oreck vacs

http://www.oreck.com/oreck-xl-upright/index.cfm?Keycode=DP375&gclid=CK62s93mvpsCFQoMDQoduVswAg

mommasbabies77
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

We have a Kirby vac. It has attachments and you can also get a carpet cleaner attachment that goes with it. It does a great job of picking up our dogs fur.

Truth is like the sun.  You can shut it out for a time, but it aint going away *Elvis Presley*

Vincesmama
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM
I know you said you want one with a bag, but I love my Dyson! I've never had a problem with it making a mess when I empty it, and you don't get that annoying vacuum smell every time you use it.
amymarie0315
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I got a Bissell Healthy Home from Costco. It was on sale at the time. I believe it was $254 or so (I know it was a little over $200, but on sale from the regular price of $300+). I LOVE it! Absolutely worth the money. My carpet looks just as new as when we moved in last year. And we have a lot of people over, kids of different ages included. We also have a cat. We have stairs and it has a stair tool. LOVE it. I've never had any issues with it getting clogged.

http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-5770-Healthy-Bagless-Upright/dp/B000HS28AK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)