Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just can't understand some mothers

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  • 34 Replies

Last night I went to my friends moms house for a BBQ. Her step daughter, we'll call her "Angie"  was there and had some of her friends there and they were drinking and having a good time.  Angie has 2 boys. Well one of  Angies friends thought it would be a good idea to dump one of the boys into a bucket filled with ice water, head first. And the boys mother was laughing. The boy was crying, and his brother punched the guy in the stomache. Which everyone thought was funny as well. These boys are like 4 and 5, btw so it's not like they would have hurt the guy or anything. Then they dunk the other boy in and he's crying. Angie and her friends are laughing. I don't think it's funny. If the boys were laughing than ok whatever, they are having fun. But they were crying. I wanted to say something but they were all drunk and I didn't feel like getting into a fight. Luckily, my friends mom said something and they cut it out. She didn't think it was funny either. Would you have said something or stopped them? Would you, as a mother, sat there and laughed while your children were crying over it? I wouldn't have, but I wanted to see if others agreed with me or if they thought I was crazy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I <3 Highlander

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa0216
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I have a big mouth, so I would have said something.  That is borderline child abuse in my opinion and I will not put up with it.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM

If the kids weren't having fun, like you said, I would have said something. Who cares if some stupid, drunk idiots get mad about it. But then again, I have a problem controlling my mouth, LOL.

carrieasia
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:30 AM

i would have said something.  if the kid is crying, he obviously didn't think it was fun.  i couldn't imagine just sitting there laughiing about it while my daughter was angry and crying about it

CafeMom Tickers

gobimom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I'm not sure if I could have kept my mouth shut...first of all they shouldn't have been "drunk" in front of their kids and secondly where is the humor in a kid crying over being dunked in ice water.  I would have left.

skinnyminnie121
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:35 AM

I think it IS child abuse

Quoting Melissa0216:

I have a big mouth, so I would have said something.  That is borderline child abuse in my opinion and I will not put up with it.

aapye
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM
That is child abuse and I would have told her that.
eddysmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM

im kinda shy so i wouldnt have said anything, but that is wrong. as a mother i would not just sit there and  laughed.

pregnancy

JenniferLeh
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I probably would have grabbed the little boy away and told them to sober the fuck up before they interact with the children again.

SORRY but that is something that SERIOUSLY pisses me off.

Parents using their kids for their amusement. Especially drunk idiots that think it's ok.....You bet I would have said / did something. Of course, I don't stand for that sort of thing . ever.

It reminds me of what happened to little Brianna Lopez - her dad and uncle got drunk...of course, that was by far worse - but the parents were still drunk and "playing" rough with this little baby.

Parents SHOULD NOT be getting drunk while their children are awake and running around. Sleeping, fine. I wonder what other "sport" they would do with their kids while being drunk assholes if they weren't around other adults that are responsible. What type of parent would laugh at having their child used for torture?

Which is what it is, TORTURE.

Photobucket
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM

what is it about alcohol that makes people so cruel?

Yeah I would have done a lot more than just said something. But then I spent 14 years married to an alcoholic. Drunks more or less piss me off anyway so I am very intolerant of them. My ex once thought it would be funny to light fireworks and throw them at the kids. (Remember I am not a nice person).

So I removed the kids and waited until his drunk ass was too drunk to do anything to me and I lit one of those big packages of black cats and stuffed them in his shorts. His backside still shows the scars but to this day he will not let any harm come to my kids when fireworks are going off.

There are so many other things I've done to protect children in the hands of drunks. My best friend  (not really but that's what I thought at time) was leaving her four kids home alone. They weren't getting any cooked dinners and the oldest was only 13.  So I started bringing them to my house to feed them and help them with homework.. One night My ex, her, and her DH thought it would be funny to get drunk and go skinny dipping in the pool at our apartments.

I called the cops

She claimed she could not go to jail because her kids would be alone.

I told the cops he kids hadn't slept in their own beds in three months.

She went to jail.

I did other things. But some of them might incriminate me. SO I'd better stop. In the name of children against a drunk I will always stand up and fight!

jeeniegurl03
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I am a shy person so I probably wouldn't have said anything but if it was some one doing that to my kids I WOULD have said something and not sit there and laugh. That is just mean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)