Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tooth Brushing

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

How old are your kids and how often do you/they brush their teeth?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollymarierocks
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM

He will be 2 in August and he brushes his teeth twice a day! Sometimes more if he sees his toothbrush or something -- he thinks its fun!

How`s my pregnancy doing?
jeskaM

I just started brushing my dds teeth at 1 year...twice a day 

Lindsay 06.14.2008

Pregnancy ticker

Isaacsmom5354

My oldest is 9 and he brushes his teeth twice a day. My youngest is 22 months and he brushes his once and sometimes twice a day.

SxyPanamami83
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:45 PM

weve been doing it since Lani was about 10 months or so. we didnt do it every day then but now that shes 15 months and has more teeth we try to remember to do it every day. she loves to try and brush her own teeth which is great.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Mine are almost 22 months also, and they brush about once a day.  Sometimes more, depending on different things.  I have heard all kinds of things about when you are supposed to start.  Some say as soon as they get teeth, some say from day one (wiping their gums with a rag or something), some say after 18 months, some say after 2, I've even heard one person say there's no real need to take care of baby teeth (BS).  I was just wondering since we will be taking the kiddos to the dentist soon.  I don't want to get yelled at...LOL.

Quoting Isaacsmom5354:

My oldest is 9 and he brushes his teeth twice a day. My youngest is 22 months and he brushes his once and sometimes twice a day.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM

B & R try to brush their own too...as much as they wiggle and squirm when we are trying to do it, I figure they're doing just as good a job as we are.

Quoting SxyPanamami83:

weve been doing it since Lani was about 10 months or so. we didnt do it every day then but now that shes 15 months and has more teeth we try to remember to do it every day. she loves to try and brush her own teeth which is great.

squadiwife
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:48 PM

My boys are 3 and 4 andThey brush there teeth twice a daya nd I brush there teeth once a day and floss there teeth once a day to because my oldest boy had to have caps on his back teeth because I didn't floss his teeth.xx

resamerie
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM

My DD is 6 and brushes hers 2x a day. I started brushing them as soon as she started cutting them. 

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
resamerie
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Forgot to add that she flosses them once a day. It's easy with the hand held disposable pick kind. She can do it herself. Also that mouth wash that they have for kids that shows the blue spots of where the missed so she can brush them off.  

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
thomamomma76
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Our 6 year old, two 4 year olds, and 3 year old, brush their teeth twice a day. I brush our 13 month olds teeth every morning and sometimes at night, but she's still nursing. I've been brushing all our children's teeth since they got them, with water and a soft brush only at first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)