Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sueing for adultry?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: IF your DH cheated would you sue him or his other woman based on adultry (which is illegal) or another form of legal action??

Options:

I would sue

another form of legal action (explaine)

i would do nether

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM

no, i'd just leave.

the only money i would even think of going for is child support.

dogs are my people.  i fight for them, i cry for them, i pray for them, i help them, i talk to them, i rescue them, i hug them, i love them, i raise their spirits, i bring them back to life, i foster, i adopt, i put the worthless 2 legged beings who abuse and neglect them behind bars.  i am their halo, and they are mine. 

PLEASE....have a heart, adopt, do not support backyard breeders or pet stores who sell puppies, do not sell your animals on craiglist...they are not the old sofa, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, donate, volunteer your time, obey laws, teach your children respect towards animals, do your part in the fight against animal cruelty.

Buffy65
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Yep...I would just end the marriage and go on with my life. I would also send her a thank you card for showing me what a pig I married and wish her luck...all BAD of course!

amandaeastman
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I dont think you can sue for adultry depending on what state you come from. My husband cheated on me and we ended up getting a divorce and there was no suing for adultry

Buffy65
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I'm not sure what the laws are per state, but some people have sued and won for alienation of affection...

Quoting amandaeastman:

I dont think you can sue for adultry depending on what state you come from. My husband cheated on me and we ended up getting a divorce and there was no suing for adultry

Buffy65
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Buffy65:

I'm not sure what the laws are per state, but some people have sued and won for alienation of affection...

Quoting amandaeastman:

Alienation of affections was first codified as a tort by the New York state legislature in 1864, and similar legislation existed in many U.S. states in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Since 1935, this tort has been abolished in 42 states. Alienation is, however, still recognized in Hawaii, Illinois, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Mississippi, New Mexico, South Dakota, and Utah.[1][2]

Teetlebug
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Different states have different laws on the book, but there are some states that adultery  will help you get more spousal support. This is great for those women who stayed at home with the kids and may not be able to move into the work force easily. I say go for it because he made a committment. He broke that contract, and people sue for breach of contract all the time. This is the most important contract people make in life besides parenting. It is easy to say move on, but I know a lot of women who are unable to provide housing, food and the basics for their children after divorce. Tough luck for him, should have kept it at home where it belonged or filed for a divorce before starting another sexual relationship with anyone else.

CountryChris
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I wouldn't sue him, I would just have him pack his things and the hell out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)