Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camping SNACKS

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey mommas! I am leaving to go camping come Wednesday, and I will be gone until Monday. My question is what kinds of stuff to bring for snacks for camping? We are going with my in-laws and they are preparing the meals, so I thank GOD I don't have to come up with meal ideas. I am just wondering about little snacks you would bring up on a camping trip. I'm not big on potatoe chips and stuff like that, so what kind of quick snacks could I bring? I plan on making this chicken dip stuff I seen on here and bringing some crackers (Just for the record, we are staying in an RV with full kitchen and power, I know, not so much "camping" haha)

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
burch731
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM

popcorn, crackers & Peanut butter, fruit snacks, cookies, cheese & crackers, fruit,any kind of roll-ups

cluettgens
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM

you could make trail mix where you can use whatever items you want in it

since you will have a fridge and all, you can do apple slices with cheese,

happy new year 2009toddler boy

Crystallynn
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM

how old are the kids?  you could ants on a log...... or you could make "smores".....

Large marshmellows, melted chocolate chips(or candy melts), crushed graham crackers.....

melt your chocolate, dip bottom half of marshmellow in chocolate- let excess drip off, dip bottom only in graham cracker crumbs..... let chocolate harden..... viola!

Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallows

Ingredients

• 12 marshmallows
  • 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
  • 3 tablespoons toppings (such as chopped pistachios, shredded coconut, and crumbled graham crackers)
Directions

• Dip half of each marshmallow in the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off, then sprinkle with your desired toppings.
  • Serve immediately or chill until firm, about 20 minutes.

Christy644
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Wheat thins and cream cheese. ANy type depending of what your favorite flavor is.

Granola bars

Fruit

chips

pop tarts

trail mix

***LOL parking on pine needles and not having cable does not constitute 'roughing it'***** LOL

Christy644
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM

If you make s'mores use resses penut butter cups instead of chocolate. They are soooooooo much better

Hybrid
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:13 PM

A loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter; really it's the best snack when you're camping. If you're going hiking, down the river in a canoe, or just hanging out by the fire there is nothing better! I promise. (we go camping a lot) 

SIS213
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Quoting burch731:

popcorn, crackers & Peanut butter, fruit snacks, cookies, cheese & crackers, fruit,any kind of roll-ups

we birng theses items.

Erika560
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

It's been so long since we have been camping.

celery and peanut butter

chex mix

watermelon, grapes, apples (any kind of fruit you like basically)

cheese cubes

pretzels

baby carrots and dip

peanuts

ohmami88
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM

The smores with peanut butter cups sounds AMAZING : )

The child we have is 15 months, so we are gonna need to bring snacks and stuff for him to eat (preferably not too messy, lol, my in-laws have a brand new RV, lol)

I am definitely taking note of these things you mommas said though! Awesome ideas that I didn't think of! Thank you!

(Lol, and I am definitely happy I'm not "roughing it" since im almost 9 months pregnant! haha : )

thomamomma76
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Sandwiches are always a must. Take some bread, some lunch meat (the kind in the tupperware like containers would be ideal), and cheese, and maybe see if a local restaurant is willing to allow you to have a few packages of condiments so that you don't have to worry about carrying whole bottles. Also, fruits like grapes, and veggies like carrot sticks and celery sticks, with some sort of dip to accompany them are great camping snacks. S'mores are a good thing too. They're the typical campfire food. If not S'mores, then just simply marshmallows to roast. You can also make your trail mix. You can mix pretzels, M&Ms, dried fruit, peanuts, or something along those lines, and have a homemade trail mix. Homemade granola, or maybe just some premade granola bars, make great snacks as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)