Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick cooking question...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

I wanna make something that calls for Rotel tomatoes, I have never used them before and would like to not have to buy them if I don't really need them. Could I just use salsa in place of them??

Here is what I am gonna make and I have the thick chunky salsa - http://www.bigoven.com/162955-Southwest-Chicken-Skillet-recipe.html

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Leener3
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Do you mean the canned tomatoes? If yes, I think using salsa instead would depend on the other ingredients listed in your recipe. What are you making?

CarlaD
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM

It would depend on what you are making.  Salsa is a lot more wet than Rotel, so it might turn something into mush.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Yeah, I think using salsa instead of canned tomatoes would probably change the recipe & maybe not for the better depending on what your making.

NattysMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I added a link to the recipe so you all could see!! 

rockinmama07
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I wouldn't change it to Salsa.  It'll most likely make it too wet, and the flavor will be totally different.  Don't worry though, Ro-tel is very good.

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare." - Ed Asner

NattysMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Quoting rockinmama07:

I wouldn't change it to Salsa.  It'll most likely make it too wet, and the flavor will be totally different.  Don't worry though, Ro-tel is very good.

Alright thanks! Like I said, I have never used them and would really like to not have to go to the store if I can avoid it lol!! Guess I'm going though!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)