Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone work for LiveOps?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been looking for part time office work outside the house, but nothing has come up.  So, I am looking into working from home.  I have heard about LiveOps, but don't know anyone that works for them.  If you do or have any info, I would appreciate it!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WAHM_Teresa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I have worked for them in the past and I absolutely loved them!  One of the very best companies to work with in my opinion.  You can chat with many others who work for them at workplacelikehome.com 

Good luck!

chrissi0103
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I've heard about this company too and also Westathome..i put an app in at west b/c i won't have to worry about taxes and stuff. they take it out..it's like a regular job. I would like more info on either of them if anyone knows anything. so here's a bump for you.

jitterbuug48
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:35 PM

another good site to check out is  www.Wham.com and go to the telecommuting job listings or the message board has a lot of folders on different types of work at home jobs as well as reputable companies.

I worked for west.....I'm not much of a phone person so I found it stressful. I never got a call for the same product (granted I didn't stay on very long). and ppl ask lots of questions...which you only have what little info comes up on your order screen so that was frustrating too. I didn't have the answers to their questions so they get irritated with you, ya know...your only supposed to transfer your call as a last resort. The pay was pretty good though...I think if I would have stuck with it longer I would have been fine.

I'm not sure they do take out taxes though, unless they have changed, they used to hire on an independent contractor basis, so you where responsible for taxes.

Quoting chrissi0103:

I've heard about this company too and also Westathome..i put an app in at west b/c i won't have to worry about taxes and stuff. they take it out..it's like a regular job. I would like more info on either of them if anyone knows anything. so here's a bump for you.

-Cat

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Now, I looked up the westathome thing and I read online that it was a scam of some sort, (have dialup so couldn't really find out why) the page took to long to load but LIVEOPS seems legit and some good things were said about it!

WAHM_Teresa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM

West is not a scam but there are many who will say bad things about them just as there are many who have nothing but good things.  Each person is different.  But I can tell you that they pay on time and hire you as an employee versus an independant contractor like before.

And the above poster mentioned another site but was incorrect in the site address - it's www.wahm.com not wham. 

Both sites have many others who work at home, are applying, or have worked for West, Liveops or one of the hundreds of other companies out there that hire for at home workers.

chrissi0103
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Well I know my bff's sister works for them and she says she makes good money. There is another one with a similar name that is no good I believe.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Now, I looked up the westathome thing and I read online that it was a scam of some sort, (have dialup so couldn't really find out why) the page took to long to load but LIVEOPS seems legit and some good things were said about it!

jitterbuug48
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM

West is definitely not a scam in fact their main building is here in Omaha, I drive by it frequently. They payed on time every time and I was never short changed in my pay either.

Thank you WAHM_Teresa for fixing my spelling error, oops! That's awesome that they switched from IC to employee hiring! So much nicer.

-Cat

MomW773
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Thanks for the info everyone! :)

BigLoveYou1-1.jpg picture by abwalker73

gettinserious
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I believe the address is www.wahm.com - and yes, they're great!

Quoting jitterbuug48:

another good site to check out is  www.Wham.com and go to the telecommuting job listings or the message board has a lot of folders on different types of work at home jobs as well as reputable companies.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

corbenleesmama
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Bump for info!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)