Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to quit smoking

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have been trying to quit smoking for about 4 months now. Tried, but not working. I can go about a maximum of 4 hours without a smoke. Everyone around me smokes and I smell it all the time. When I go without one, I am like the devil reincarnated lol. Any tips to quit. I even tried meds and guilt with the baby. I have smoked for about 13 years (since i was nine) and I dont want to harm my baby any more  HELP PLEASE

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WAHM_Teresa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

OMG that is me as well.  I turn into super evil bitch and then the other side I get so upset cause I'm a meanie.  I had my last cig about 2hrs ago and I am determined to quit.  I don't have any tips but good luck to you!!

Alishia655
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Thank you so much. Good luck to you as well!

Quoting WAHM_Teresa:

OMG that is me as well.  I turn into super evil bitch and then the other side I get so upset cause I'm a meanie.  I had my last cig about 2hrs ago and I am determined to quit.  I don't have any tips but good luck to you!!

ChelsieAnnMarie
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM

same here...ive been smoking since i was ten, i am now 30 weeks pregnant and have a cig bout every four days unless im around someone who smokes and it ruins my progress. i dont think i'll be done by the time my son is here

sorry i cant help, best of luck to you tho

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM

until the withdrawl is done with you will probably be the biggest witch in the world but i think you need to let it get out of your system so you can concentrate on not starting again.   Do you like to chew gum or eat carrot/celery sticks?   I know of some people who when they felt stressed or bored they woudl pull out paper and write or draw until the craving passed.   Also walking with baby may be a good option so that you are moving and arent near any cigarettes.   I havent ever smoked so i am not sure exactly what you are going through but i am sure it is very tough and one day your son will be proud of you for quitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)