Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(TMI) After you lost your mucous plug.....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
How long was it until you went into labor? I'm 37 weeks and I was 1cm dilated last week. I'm about 95% sure I lost my mucous plug. It looked like a big chunk of vaseline or snot. (sorry about the grossness!!). There wasn't any blood in it, though. I had my first son at 35 weeks and woke up in labor, lost my mucous plug and my water broke all in about 45 minutes. Everything happened so fast, I didn't really pay attention to everything!!
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM

4 hours.

lovemymarine306
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:15 PM

it can be anywhere from hours to weeks after losing your mucus plug.  some women lose it months before they go into labor.  but i don't remember losing mine last time...

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mnmsmom2008
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I was in labor within 24 hours of losing the plug, both times.

desi_dylan_bri
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM

it was a week for me with my second. with my first i never even lost it. it really doesnt have much to do with actual labor, but it is a sign that your body is getting ready!

implosionexp
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Lost mine and my water broke about 30 mins later.   Good Luck!!

nemiller
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM

i lost most of it a week before i delivered, then i lost the rest (at least what i assume was the rest) the night before i delivered.

lilmissJ
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I lost mine that night and then the next morning at 5am my water broke.  Goodluck!

Liz ~ Mom to Jaiden 11.4.06 girl on a swing

TTC #2

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM

ohh ill say a few hours....my water broke, i lost the plug and she was born all within 12 hours

Mamaof2grls24
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

with my first i dont remember losing mine and with my second i lost mine on a friday and was due to go in monday, and when monday came I still hadnt gone into labor...

wedding ticker

CrozCryz
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I never did lose mine... my son was 10 days late and finally contractions started while I was preparing to go in to be induced.  My water never broke or anything, that kid really just didn't want to come out!

I have heard from friends that it can take anywhere from hours to days or even weeks... as someone else said... but I really am not sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)