Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preterm labor instructions... WTH?!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

My discharge papers from the hospital says this:

Call your OB doctor ifyou have any of the following signs:

Period like cramps that come and go (check)

Low, dull backache (check)

Pressure in your vagina or lower abdomen that may feel like the baby is pushing down (check sometimes)

Change in the type or amount of vaginal discharge (super check)

Abdominal cramps that may be accompanied by diarrhea (hrm... not so much)

4-5 Uterine contractions in one hour (possibly)

Fluid leaking from your vagina (on and off)

Now, the funny thing is... I had most of these symptoms when I LEFT the hospital today... so what should I do... lol.

I see my doc on Wednesday, but according to him... nothing is going on downstairs. The L&D nurse said I am only very little dialated, long and thick. BUT I had false labor last night for 3 hours, contractions 6 minutes apart... then they just stopped. It also says to call or come back in if I notice decreased fetal movements... which I have, he only moves about half as much as he did a couple days ago, but on the other hand... he was like this when I was in the hospital and they werent worried.

And on top of being in a shit-ton of pain, tired as crap, and sore... my DD wont eat and just complains all the time... she is teething, but still... this sucks.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy2alissa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:46 PM

i had that the entire last 2 months of my pregnancy.  You are 2 days shy of being full term, so i wouldnt stress. If you go into full blown labor then you go into labor, if not then thats fine too.  If you get contractions every 5 min or so for an hour or more, then i would begin to think about going back, b/c at that point you are most likely in labor. Good luck! 

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Ohh im right there with you....i decided that even with my PTL crap, im just staying home since all they are gonna do is SEND me home...so i deal...i lay on the couch, and try to stay off my feet as much as possible (which is NOT easy with a 2 year old)

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:54 PM

LMAO I was reading it while walking out of the place and thought, "well, crap, I should just turn around and check myself back in!" But of course I came home because if they are just sending me home anyways I would rather chill on the couch than hooked up to monitors and bothered every hour or so. I have a 17 month old that for some reason has a fever of 101, is teething, wont sleep and wont eat... this sucks...

Quoting missamanda86:

Ohh im right there with you....i decided that even with my PTL crap, im just staying home since all they are gonna do is SEND me home...so i deal...i lay on the couch, and try to stay off my feet as much as possible (which is NOT easy with a 2 year old)

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM

exactly, now that I know what they feel like (never had them with my first, I was induced) I can now time them myself. Im more worried about the decreased fetal movement, but I guess as long as he's moving its okay. Im hoping to go into labor soon... this "false labor" sucks...

Quoting mommy2alissa:

i had that the entire last 2 months of my pregnancy.  You are 2 days shy of being full term, so i wouldnt stress. If you go into full blown labor then you go into labor, if not then thats fine too.  If you get contractions every 5 min or so for an hour or more, then i would begin to think about going back, b/c at that point you are most likely in labor. Good luck! 

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Oh no :( thats no fun....mine is i a nap/bedtime rebellion stage, and its wearing me down...your LO's fever, and not eating might be because of the teething? Ive also noticed here in NM where i live, if my DD gets overheated, she will run a fever....

Quoting tairakittie:

LMAO I was reading it while walking out of the place and thought, "well, crap, I should just turn around and check myself back in!" But of course I came home because if they are just sending me home anyways I would rather chill on the couch than hooked up to monitors and bothered every hour or so. I have a 17 month old that for some reason has a fever of 101, is teething, wont sleep and wont eat... this sucks...

Quoting missamanda86:

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I didnt notice it earlier, but shes got the sniffles now too... poor thing. Her bed time is 9pm, but its 6 and we had to lay her down cause she was falling asleep on daddy... cute but now I feel bad. Shes so miserable, but shes never had a cold before so I dont really know what to do other than try to make her feel better. I gave her some tylenol about 3 hours ago but her fever is 101 AFTER that so I dont know. Im going to wake her up in about 2 hours to give her a nice warm bath and try to get her to eat again, and if shes not feeling better or still running a lowgrade fever ill make an appt first thing in the morning to get her seen tomorrow and get this cold wiped out before I get it hopefully... my SO doesnt need two sick babies! Its funny how shes been healthy for almost 18 months straight, but like her mommy, got a summer cold of all things. =(

Quoting missamanda86:

Oh no :( thats no fun....mine is i a nap/bedtime rebellion stage, and its wearing me down...your LO's fever, and not eating might be because of the teething? Ive also noticed here in NM where i live, if my DD gets overheated, she will run a fever....

Quoting tairakittie:

Quoting missamanda86:

CAarmywife
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM

i wouldnt worry about it now since ur are so far along. my obgyn told me 37 weeks is actually full term (dd was born at 36 weeks so i was freaked out about her being early because i thought 38 weeks was full term but he said nope). good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)