Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

picky eaters what to cook??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I'm not a big cooker but I would love to cook a good meal for my SO one night and surprise him when he gets home from dinner. My SO is a VERY picky eater. And I mean VERY PICKY!! He doesn't like spicy foods. Other things he doesn't like are: onions, peppers, hot sauce, mustard, tomatoes, and I'll let you know more as I hear from yall haha. He's Mexican so he eats Mexican foods but nothing TOO spicy. But I need some neat cooking ideas. I'm not a big cooker at all but I can cook if I have a recipe. So if you can give me a recipe please that would be greatly appreciated :) also if you have a picture that would be great too haha. O yea and desert ideas I will accept too :)

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommasbabies77
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Goodness, I don't know.  You say he likes mexican..I made refried bean burritos and tacos tonight.  But it's not a big recipe just a mix for the taco seasoning and canned refried beans.  Salsa, sour cream, onions, tomatoes, that people can add on if they want them when they make the tacos themselves.  We use the flour tortillas because my family hates the crunchy taco shells.  I also fixed spanish rice and they have some ice cream in there for dessert.  I dunno...I am not much help but I don't cook big meals on the weekends if I can get away with not:)

KBM99
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I dont want it for this weekend I want it for next Friday or Saturday haha

saraeb
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Taco Salads?  Very easy and yummy!

CAarmywife
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM

i had to chuckle. my dh is extremely picky as well (kind of guy who when getting a burger gets no sauce on it) so what i do is cook whatever and if he doesnt like it well he better start to like it or he can start cooking things himself so i know more things to cook him. good luck with the recipes.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:36 PM

What did he eat growing up?  I would ask him and go from there.   Crazy that he likes mexican food and alot of it has tomato or onion in it.

ginny1965
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Try a quick cooking couscous made with chicken broth and olive oil, instead of water and his favorite kind of chicken and whatever veggies he will eat , and dessert keep simple like ice cream on top of a brownie.....In case you don't know couscous is a very small pasta about the size of rice , my son is a very picky eater and he is CRAZY for couscous made with chicken broth he doesn't even know the olive oil has been added , but it adds extra flavor....Good luck .

It's summer time I must remember this

No matter what , I LOVE MY SON WITH ALL MY HEART  !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)