Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

organic mommies

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

I want to start trying to eat a little more organic. I think part of the reasons why I always feel sluggish and crappy is because of what I put in my body.

The thing is we cant afford to go all out! Its so expensive! What is worth the money and what isnt?

Thanks!!!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRISSH
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:36 PM

i have  been trying to.. to get my kids to do it is  anothier thing lol...some times it helps.

sunshine21pa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I seen organic cookies, is that necassary? lol 

Murphy316
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM

The meat and produce and dairy is always worth the money. I had my daughter on organic formula and when she went to reg vitimin d milk its also organic. I think its all worth it.

Im not sure where you live or if you have a trader Joe's store near you but they have great prices and lots of organic stuff. Regular grocery stores tend to be marking them up more.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM

if you and your family eat ground beef, you can ask your local butcher if they carry buffalo meat.  It is much more tender than ground beef but tastes the same.   It is considered a specialty meat so your local store would have it in the meat department if they sold it at all.  We also do organic milk even though it is slightly higher in cost than regular milk.   I cant remember which veggies are better organic though, sorry..

prego7386
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM

we are transitioning into a better eating style too! i have heard there is a list you can look up that has all of the things that you should "always" by organic. After November we are making the switch fully though.....we will be hunting then and will have enough meat to last us the year and can divert that money over into the fruit and veggie department :)

Murphy316
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Quoting KRISSH:

i have  been trying to.. to get my kids to do it is  anothier thing lol...some times it helps.

lol thats why you dont say its organic! ha i remember when my mom would try to give us something and she'd say its organic i would go no where near it! KIDS! lol.. too funny.

But there is nothing different in taste just no pesticides or other chemicals!

PLUS!... organic milk is sooooo worth the money it also last WEEKS longer than regular milk!

naturalmom86
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I think getting your meats and dairy products from an organic source is totally worth it!

sunshine21pa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Quoting Murphy316:

The meat and produce and dairy is always worth the money. I had my daughter on organic formula and when she went to reg vitimin d milk its also organic. I think its all worth it.

Im not sure where you live or if you have a trader Joe's store near you but they have great prices and lots of organic stuff. Regular grocery stores tend to be marking them up more.

I wish we had a Traders Joe!!! We have nothing here in Pa like that lol

Murphy316
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Quoting sunshine21pa:

Quoting Murphy316:

I wish we had a Traders Joe!!! We have nothing here in Pa like that lol

Where do you live in PA? There are quite a few locations there according to their website..

sunshine21pa
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Pittsburgh 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)