Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think that all mom should BF?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM
  • 106 Replies

Do you try to convince other mom to BF?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:54 PM

No.  I believe that is a very personal choice.  As long as your baby is healthy, happy and thriving, I don't care how they are fed.

serioussifL
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Oh boy, here comes the drama....

But I did lay out the facts for my friend that is expecting when I went to visit. I told her about all the benefits and downsides. Im pretty sure she is going to try it, which is cool, but I wouldnt freak out if she didnt.

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and mom.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I think BF is always the ideal thing to do, but I would never force my beliefs on to someone. I know how hard BF is. I only lasted 3 weeks with my first and 7 weeks with my second (going great the second time, but went back to work and it was too painful to pump with my cheap pump). Hoping to EBF this baby until he weans since I'm now a SAHM.

Pregnancy Ticker

in lovetoddler girltoddler boyexpecting boy

Steve&Steph                Kayla             Brennan                Baby Boy
   11/2004                  10/28/06            3/16/08              Due 10/27/09

amymarie0315
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Nope. Personal choice. I did both.

LiquidAmethyst

lol instead of PA you are on BFing now?  whats next, ERF?  circing?  ear piercing?  it's still early you could probably get to all the hot topics!

to answer your question, no i won't try to convince someone to BF, if they ask i will tell them it's the best choice, but it's a personal choice.

myboogiewoogie

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

No.  I believe that is a very personal choice.  As long as your baby is healthy, happy and thriving, I don't care how they are fed.

I agree.

I LOVE my girls!

desertmom05

I personally choose ff but I don't care how someone wants to feed their child.

baby development pregnancy calendar

preview image

abbynzachsmommy

I dont initiate a conversation, but if they ask, I tell them how I feel about it. I am by no means a BF nazi but I do feel its best.  I have done both, my son was both BF and FF.  Ultimately I can only share my knowledge and experience, but they have to make their own decision.  Not every one is comfy with it and thats ok.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

marriedmomma3
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I personally think all moms should at least try.  I tried to BF my 2 children, and it didnt work out and I will try to again with this one

pregnancy due date

baby

babies
exceptalilfish
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM

i think people who do not feel the way i do about breastfeeding can never understand where i am coming from. i think the benefits are great! and would love to breastfeed if that was for me. i dont have a medical condition, i have never even tried to breastfeed. HOWEVER i know within the depths of my core that breastfeeding is not for me. i couldnt even imagine doing it. i dont need to explain why, i just wish people would understand that SOME people who CHOOSE not to breastfeed are not these horrible people who are getting off on the fact that their children arent getting breast milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)