Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF vs FF

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:52 PM
  • 70 Replies

Poll

Question: How did you feed your baby?(let's just say for the first 6mo)

Options:

BF only

FF only

BF and FF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 176

View Results

OK, I know this is always a hot topic on CM. It seems here on CM, BF moms out-number FF moms. But statistically, there are more moms who FF in the US.

Here I always see that FF moms feel like they're always bashed for their decision, but in my own experience, I was always bashed for BF, I never saw anyone get bashed for FF.

Anyway, so I just wanted to do a poll and see what the numbers are here(I'm curious) and if you having any experiences of being bashed IN REAL LIFE(not here on CM) please share. I'm really curious to see if FF really get bashed often IRL, or if it's just here.

And yes, I know it's none of my business, blah, blah, but just humor me, I'm curious!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM

16 months in, still BF!!!
Not a drop of formula in her life, I am proud to say!

jdavis2
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I was never bashed for BF'ing, my sister said something like it was "unnatural" and I told her to stop sexually objectifying women's breasts. Breastfeeding is as natural as child birth. Some women just chose to take a different route which I do not agree with but it is my honest opinion! 

girlnextdoor2-1.gif picture by jdavis2cowboy-1.gif picture by jdavis2

prego7386
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM

i havent gotten "bashed" in real life but i have def felt the pressure. no one in my family since my great grandmother has breastfed and so it wasn't my "norm" so i had decided a long time ago i was FF too...well since then my SIL has tried to cram it down my throat and some damn male nurse asked me what i was doing as i was getting wheeled into the emergency room for an emergency c-section due to infection he said "well maybe you will change your mind once you see him." wtf...i dont get that.

isra1986

I get bashed all the time IRL because I am stil BF her!

Buffy65

All 4 of my children were FF...I'm not ashamed to say...they are all strong, and healthy...most are adults themselves now...

Hybrid

I was a FFeeder; not by choice but by necessity.

momtoamo

I nursed my twins for almost 6 months, and nursed my little guy till he self weaned at 16 months.  I received comments all the time about nursing, never once about ff'n.

"Abandoning the children in the forest to feed ourselves/  We will all stay more healthy if we do not distribute wealth/  Aimed friendly fire/  There is only greed living the life that we desire/  As we set sail across the raging sea/  Unconquerable by reality....."  Anti-Flag.

alwayzsmiling82

12 months and counting breastfeeding here...No formula whatsoever

bwsmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM

i was never bashed irl for ff or bfing .. granted without formula .. my son would not be here today .... so im thankful that formula is made for children with severe food allergies .

MzSeXyC
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM

i formula fed, and have never been bashed for it.

i can care less how someone feeds their baby, as long as they are doing it lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)