Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this not tick yall off like it does me?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 33 Replies

I was watching the other day about how the first lady and her daughters were in Paris enjoying a vacation, how the obamas enjoy a quiet dinner at an upscale restaurant, yadda yadda. (and no- not just the presidents family, other politicians and government as well)

Is this not just putting salt in the wounds of Americans who are losing/ have lost jobs, cant pay our bills, living in shelters, losing homes, cant afford medical care.....?

It just pisses me off because 1. I cant afford to go to Paris or eat at an "upscale" restaurant and 2. I have to budget what little money I do have to pay bills while the first family is running around having a good ol' time in Paris.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I'm sure they could afford that before they became the First family because they both worked hard, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me..

But it does suck to be broke.

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:22 PM

He's got the money, but he's not allowed to spend it?  He's the president, he's going to have cameras and people around him reporting everything he does.  We're not well off enough to go to Paris or eat at an upscale restaurant either, but that doesn't mean I'm jealous because someone else does.

~Jill~

ChaoticX4
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:24 PM

What ticks me off is the damn gas prices keep going up. When are they going to put a damn cap on that sh*t??

Albino = a PERSON with ALBINISM. Put the person before the condition

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I feel like the other ladies.  Just because I can't do something, doesn't mean others shouldn't.  Are you upset with all celebrities?

strongmom40
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM

No not at all. Those two young ladies are the daughters of the U.S. President & deserve to experience such. You have to remember to whom much is given, much is expected.

LaNette000
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

The part where it's rubbed into the citizens faces is what gets me, so many families suffereing and doing without, But I also know if you have it, you can't take it with ya when ya go. 

sillyone
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Yes it makes me mad. Guess who is paying for that. Not the money he earned before he became pres. its us the tax payers are probably paying for that.  If he wants to actual use his money that fine, but if he uses our money that is not ok at all. Because that money could be feeding our family, paying our bills and anything else our family needs.

smil47c8902016474.gif moonwalk image by SAmissile
00micheasll.gif si picture by sillyonesiggys

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

There is always going to be some one who has more money, more stuff, can do more fun things than I can. Either I can spend my times being upset that they can do those things and I can't or I can find something in my life that brings me joy to focus on. be it my kids, listening to the rain, reading a good book, ect. Also there are so many people out there who are worse off than us. even worse off than the people who have been loosing their jobs and everything. Are we not supposed to take advantage of the oppertunities we have just because others don't have that avaliable to them.

EnigmaMuse
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Nope.  It's not pouring salt into anyone's wounds. In my opinion.

There are those who can afford to do things like that.

There are those who can not.

And there are those in between.

The Obamas are people who can afford such things. And could afford them before he became President. Just like most all politicians are wealthy people who can afford to go out and do things like this.  

If people truly want representation for the hardworking, living paycheck to paycheck American. Then they need to quit voting mulit-millionares into office and start supporting everday people to run for public office. Starting in local politics and working all the way up to national politics..  The wealthy being the representation of the masses is not going to stop until the masses choose for it to stop.

I understand that it could be frustrating to some that there are those that can afford to do stuff like this.  I see no problem with them going out and having a good time.

I am not personally experience financial difficulties.. I do not feel that I should go without, or not do things that I can afford to do, just because there are those who can not.   May sound selfish or heartless of me.. It's not intended in that way what-so-ever. I just feel that I should be able to enjoy the  "Fruits of my labor" freely as I choose and feel others have the same right.

stacey0716
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I don't care what they do. They are the family of the president, it's a well paying job and he works for the $$ so they can spend it how they want. I understand what you are trying to say, with the economy being so shitty, but you can't blame him for all of it. Most of it was done before he became pres. What do you expect the man to do? He's doing the best he can as fast as he can. Everyone wants to blame Obama for all of the problems we have right now. It's like Bush handed him this ugly baby and said, there ya go, make it pretty. That's gonna take some time, all he can do right now is stick a bow in it's hair and make the best out of it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)