Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do with her anymore........

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, my little girl is 22 months....and shes being a pain when it comes to eating....she wont eat for me, but if anyone else (my mom, my BFF) feeds her, she eats like food is going out of style....im with my BFF 90% of the week when Dh is at work, and when we are around her, she will eat....but im just at my wits end, because i dont know what to do...she has food she likes, and she is at that stage where she will tell me waht she wants when i ask...anyone have any advice?? Had to deal with this before??

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
firecat8301
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM

the best thing I can tell you is she will eat when she is hungry.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:20 PM

My DD is at that stage where she wont eat anything unless SHE wants it... which means I waste alot of food trying to get her to eat. She probably just thinks "well, mommy wont make me eat it" and is just trying to push your buttons, thats what they do, try not to get too frustrated. Shes not starving and shes not sick... shes fine. Eventually, she'll get over it and eat for you again, til then... just keep your BFF around! =D 

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:21 PM

this is good advice...kids wont usually starve themselves!!good luck mama.

Quoting firecat8301:

the best thing I can tell you is she will eat when she is hungry.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I think she knows my time is getting close because her bedtime and naptime behavior has been horrible, and shes just been outright defiant lately...maybe she will change once i have my baby

Quoting tairakittie:

My DD is at that stage where she wont eat anything unless SHE wants it... which means I waste alot of food trying to get her to eat. She probably just thinks "well, mommy wont make me eat it" and is just trying to push your buttons, thats what they do, try not to get too frustrated. Shes not starving and shes not sick... shes fine. Eventually, she'll get over it and eat for you again, til then... just keep your BFF around! =D 

JaylensMommy807
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Aww hunny I feel for you!  My daughter will be two in august and she does the same thing to me!  And I too am with her 90 % of the time.  She just picks at her plate when Im around but when my dad (her grandpa) is eating - she will eat till you think she will be sick!  It amazes me.  But I dont really worry about it because if shes hungry she will eat - she wont go on strike because of whos feeding her I promise!  Good luck and dont get too stressed out!

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Grrrr lol!!! I guess it just frustrates me

Quoting JaylensMommy807:

Aww hunny I feel for you!  My daughter will be two in august and she does the same thing to me!  And I too am with her 90 % of the time.  She just picks at her plate when Im around but when my dad (her grandpa) is eating - she will eat till you think she will be sick!  It amazes me.  But I dont really worry about it because if shes hungry she will eat - she wont go on strike because of whos feeding her I promise!  Good luck and dont get too stressed out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)