Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4th of july question, w/poll

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: have your kids missed the parade and fireworks on the 4th of july?

Options:

yes

never

few times for no good reason

few times for good reasons

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

If your kids are over 5 but under 13,  have you NOT brought your kids to the parade or fireworks on the 4th? Besides due to illnes.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kk_bella
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I didn't want to screw up your poll, so I didn't answer it. My kids are younger. But is it really a big deal to miss it one year? I mean, there are a ton of celebrations throughout the year- do we have to go to all of them?

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I don't go to parades at all.

~Jill~

armygirl16
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I've never been to a parade on the 4th of July and I havn't gone to see fireworks since I was about 7 (and that was once).  We usually buy our own fireworks (except last year we didn't do anything).  I only have 1 dd and she is 10 months so I didn't answer your poll.  This was just about me :)

Sirenabella
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:00 PM

We don't have a parade. There have been several years when we haven't gone to see fireworks b/c we would have to travel quite a ways to one of the professional shows which are usually very crowded and a hassle. I like to go but a lot of times it just isn't worth it.  

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM

We don't have a parade here. My kids have always gotten to see some fireworks, but this year I missed out :(

Jaclynx3
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:09 PM

We are pretty routine for holidays. I never want them to miss out  and I want the pictures forever {:0) one year we had to skip the pumpkin patch and that still bothers me.

Madison Kay              Makaylyn Christine         Jordan Michael

MAyers
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:13 PM

My kids are 18 months and 2 *3 in Aug*

Last year was my youngest first 4th of July and she slept through all the fireworks, this year she watched but hated!

My oldest first year we just did fireworks at home and watched the city fireworks from our backyard, last year and this year we did fireworks at my FIL's house.

We don't have a parade but we do watch the fireworks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)