Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which diet worked for you?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am in desperate need of a good diet that works but is easy to follow. I have heard weight watchers works but I don't have time to weigh and measure my food and count points. I want to know what diet has WORKED for YOU! Not just a diet you've heard of.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaloveof3
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Counting calories and exercise.

www.theloseweightdiet.com

You have to change the way you eat and what you drink. 

Calories in.....calories out.  A Little hard work and determination too.

Good Luck.

Sirenabella
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM

None. Diet is a bad word. I had to make a lifestyle change and stick with it. My eating and exercise habits are completely different than a couple of yrs ago. I've lost 90 lbs.

NVL0707
by Baroness on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM

i did atkins for 5 months and lost 50lbs.

EnigmaMuse
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I've always had to work to maintain my weight.

I'm one of those women that can just smell food and gain weight.. lol

For me. No diet ever worked.   I had to actually change the way I live a looked at food.

So.. Here's what I do.

1) No sodas

2) No junk food

4) No fast food

5) Avoid processed foods at all cost

6) At least 6 glasses of water a day. I usually drink a whole lot more than that.

7). Fresh fruits and vegetables daily.

8) I workout at least 30minutes to 1 hour at least 5 days a week. Time varies due to whatever else I may have going on during a particular day.

That's really it..  I've been able to maintain a size 8-10 for nearly 25 years now. 

Diets never worked for me at all..  I could never stick to one.. I didn't like the restraints a diet would put on me.

For me personally. Just changing the way I eat and exercising has paid off far more than any diet ever did.

Dragonfly9901
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 12:00 AM

wow, thats great!! I have about 30-40 to lose. How did you eat to lose the weight? Im thinking pretty much fruits, veggies and meat/fish. I'm not a big red meat eater so I have no problem eating chicken and fish only.

Quoting Sirenabella:

None. Diet is a bad word. I had to make a lifestyle change and stick with it. My eating and exercise habits are completely different than a couple of yrs ago. I've lost 90 lbs.

Dragonfly9901
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I have a very hard time working excersize into my day and I am on the run all the time and we eat out a lot which makes it hard to eat well...grrr! I did South Beach a few years ago and lost about 20 lbs, I was down to 120. I currently weigh more now than I did when I was 9 mos pregnant with each of my kids! and, even more important, I am 6 lbs overweight for my height.

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:28 AM

ATKINS--just eat meat and veggies--no rice, potatoes, fruit, carrots, tomatoes, juice, milk or bread.  Drink lots of water and take a daily vitamin.  I lost 9 lbs my first week!  You have to determine what is more important, not eating what is listed above or melting off all the fat!  Is a slice of bread really worth it??

MyStErIoUsWiFe
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:33 AM

I count calories and workout 5 or 6 days a week for an hr. I only drink 1 soda a day and its always a diet soda.  I don't eat any fried food. I eat wheat everything.

Sparkle2000
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I need help too! I have done yo yo diets for years and I need a change! I know you have to eat right and exercise but what is considered eating right anymore? There are so many different "diets" that tell you this or that is a "no no" when others tell you something else. Its so frustrating! Good luck to you!

Missy323
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM

South Beach and working out regularly.  I lost 40 lbs and 4 pants sizes in about 6 months.  Its healthy carbs and healthy fats.  You eat til you're satisfied but not full.  Weight Watchers works but I don't have time to count and measure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)