Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

36 weeks pregnant bad toothache, should I take pain med?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Tylenol is not helping, I know it needs to be pulled, but am trying to wait untill after the baby is born because I am terrified of having a tooth pulled and I cant get gas while pregnant.  They gave me antibioticcs and Lorcets for this tooth back when I was like 4 wks. pregnant and it helped.  I have some of both left over.  Should I take them both now?  I will call Dr. if you think i really should, but really hate to bother him tonight.  Any advice please?

Tooth is really throbbing.

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NANA21
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:13 PM

bump....

ohmami88

I have the same problem. I wouldn't take the pain med now, call your doc tomorrow and ask if you could still take it. You should be able to take the antibiotics though, those wont hurt. Plus, you'll need to clear the infection before they will pull it... Good luck momma!

jothra

Call your dentist

LuckyPebble
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM

You are NOT a bother. The doctor will not mind the call. Please call your doctor to get the advice. Sounds like you are in misery. Congratulations on the pregnancy, btw. :)

Feel better.

Cindernella
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM

mine has been hurting too, and I am 17 weeks, meant to call the Dr today, but didn't get to it, I've been using anbesol gel, and ice packs, been helping

kimosgirl08

What kind of Tylenol are you taking? Is it extra strength? I had a very bad toothache while I was pregnant with my son and I got my tooth pulled while I was pregnant you just have to get a letter from your doctor before you get anything done. And usually the dentist will only numb where the tooth is and it won't affect the baby at all.

mnmsmom2008

Quoting jothra:

Call your dentist

NANA21
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Yeah, I am taking the tylenol extra strength.  Thank you all for the advice.

I will put in a call to my dr.  I just really dont want to get this pulled while pregnant. I will be so nervous and that cant be good for the baby.  But me being in pain sucks too. It just started hurting again yesterday, and tonight it is in high gear.  If I can just get it to stop for about 3 more weeks.....

n03z07l08
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:25 PM

well it is your doctors job to be there when you need him and im sure he wouldnt mind but if there is a pharmacy open you can also call and ask them..they are trained to know all of that! but I was under the impression that tylenol was all you could take so good luck!!!

ShadesofGrey
by Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:00 AM

It should be fine to take your medication while pregnant. I was prescribed vicodin and oxycodone while pregnant due to severe migraines. I had to take the medications up until delivery. Call your ob-gyn and ask, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)