Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What should I do on my 40th birthday?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

I don't know how many moms can relate to turning 40 at this group. I feel sooo old! My 40th birthday is coming up on August 6th. It happens to be my day off from work too. Any ideas on how I can treat myself so I don't feel so old? (Strippers not an option)

I thought turning 30 was hard...:)

Lara

Full time working mom & part time work at home mom 

(Visit my profile, I love making new friends!)

by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larashomebiz
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM

bump

tattedmommynlj
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:15 PM

party like youre 21!!! itll give you a new respect for 40.... atleast in my opinion LMAO and im only 24... i think youll have fun and remember why you got older LMFAO

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

tattedmommynlj
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:16 PM

oh I forgot... and SMARTER!!!!!!

go have a mani/pedi! or a massage!!!

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

CubanJelly
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I turned 40 last year, I'll be 41 August 11th.  I went to a friend's house who has a pool and horses, gave her some $$ and she and her husband treated me to a spa week.   I had friends come and hang out for the day or spend a couple of days.  We had a blast.  Got pedicures together, watched movies, ate like a gourmet restaurant and drank by the pool.

Enjoy 40, Sister - you'll only be this old once - you're worth it.  Life's a Beach!

Oh, BTW - going back for a 3 day "retreat" this year...

Vampee_Mom
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM

My 40th is coming up in Oct.

I have no idea how or if I want to celebrate... LOL

I have no issue turning the big 40.. I'm pretty good with it.. 40 is the new 30.   =)

I generally just don't do much of anything for my birthday. Not that huge of a deal to me.

As far as not feeling so old... I look at it this way. I'm not getting older. I'm getting better. And if someone else doesn't see it that way, that's their problem.. hahahahahaa

Charlx4
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Cheers!! I turned 40 in June. Do something fun. My DH rented a big stretch SUV and we took 4 other couples into the city for dinner. We packed a cooler, played 80's music, drank on the way in and out and had a blast. After dinner we went to a couple of bars that we used to frequent in our youth...The next morning I woke up so happy to have gone out and had fun like we used too, and yet so happy to have the great life that i have as a mother now...
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 24, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Go on a cruise to nowhere, where you can drink, dance and gamble or for that matter Vegas baby!

larashomebiz
by on Jul. 24, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Reno is actually closer to me, and Lake Tahoe. I didn't think about that. But it is so close to rent time (my birthday), so I might wait and do that later in the year. I think I will go out to dinner and a movie with my dh and kids.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Go on a cruise to nowhere, where you can drink, dance and gamble or for that matter Vegas baby!

Lara

Full time working mom & part time work at home mom 

(Visit my profile, I love making new friends!)

prego7386
by on Jul. 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

well my mom got a tattoo on hers :)

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I wanted to write and tell you Happy Early Birthday. We are born on the same day. I will think of you that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN