Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you will yourself to die?Asked in other groups because I really want to know

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

Outside of suicide,how do you do it?Just give me a few ideas............

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Why?

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

saralouise
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:01 PM

that's a strange question.

I don't think there is a way outside of suicide....if you're willing yourself that means you want to die and you're doing something to induce death...no matter how you look at the way you die, if you induce it, it's suicide. dunno if that makes sense or not.

laranadtony
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

Why?

Just curious.

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
LeLe417
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Outside of suicide, there is no way to will yourself to die.

maryanna1
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Well, I don't think it's possible unless you commit suicide.  I also don't think you will get many answers b/c if someone has done this, they are probably dead.  Most other's probably have not thought about this, hopefully.  This is a really weird question.

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I agree.

Quoting LeLe417:

Outside of suicide, there is no way to will yourself to die.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:09 PM

People will themselves to die all the time.  Haven't you guys heard stories about when a couple that has been together like 70 years and one dies and then the other dies to?  My grandmother said she would never live in a nursing home.  She got put into one when she broke her leg and she died 3 days later on her husbands birthday.  I think you can die when you have absolutely given up on being alive.

LeLe417
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM

In those cases, it is still g-d willing them to die- not them.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

People will themselves to die all the time.  Haven't you guys heard stories about when a couple that has been together like 70 years and one dies and then the other dies to?  My grandmother said she would never live in a nursing home.  She got put into one when she broke her leg and she died 3 days later on her husbands birthday.  I think you can die when you have absolutely given up on being alive.

tattedmommynlj
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:16 PM

you can starve yourself and stop drinking fluids. theres a way wo "will" yourself to die.

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

LeLe417
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

To me that qualifies as suicide. You are choosing to not eat- knowing it will eventually kill you.

Quoting tattedmommynlj:

you can starve yourself and stop drinking fluids. theres a way wo "will" yourself to die.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)