Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do your children get to meet the teacher before school starts?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

We are having a meet the teacher night on August 4th. It is so much easier having a meet the teacher night, before school starts because the children knows where they should go on the first day of school.

Last year, they had a different principal, so she waited and had it on the very first day of school...and it was a mess trying to find out whose room they was in and then trying to find that room.

by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Yes - our school has a meet the teacher the day before school starts.

My sons's school is having one the Friday before school starts.
jaytee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Yes they do and I think it's a great idea. My kids are a lil less worried when they know who their teacher is gonna be.

Kaelaasmom
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM

The school only does it the day before school starts for incoming Kindergateners and for students new to the school. However, I have made arrangements to go in and meet the teacher with my daughter, because I want to meet the teacher and discuss my daughter's academic strategy for the year.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

BrandonsMom1000
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Yes - our school has a meet the teacher the day before school starts.

My sons's school is having one the Friday before school starts.

Our's is also the Friday before school starts.  It is a great idea.

shabby.chic
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:00 AM

We'll be arranging an appointment to meet my son's teacher before school starts.  Hopefully they'll have hired a new nurse by then too. I don't want to do the training : (

God loves everyone, but probably prefers 'fruits of the spirit' over 'religious nuts'.
He who angers you controls you.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead.  So why should you?

Imortlmommy
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM

We get to meet the teachers a whole week before school starts...we also end up with the first day of school being a Thursday.  It's easier knowing the teacher ahead of time, where the room is and as they do the group speech, the kids get the sneak peek at which friends are in which class.

AlyssaRob1416
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM

We always go when possible. My kids started school last week.

When I was in school in NJ, thye never had meet the teacher night. They always had a back to school night with the parents a few weeks after school started.

Kris_PBG
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Quoting Kaelaasmom:

The school only does it the day before school starts for incoming Kindergateners and for students new to the school. However, I have made arrangements to go in and meet the teacher with my daughter, because I want to meet the teacher and discuss my daughter's academic strategy for the year.

As a teacher I will warn you, on the "meet the teacher days" there is often a lot going on - you may want to make an appointment with her on that day to discuss your daughter's academic strategy for a time when she can devote her full attention to you.
Kaelaasmom
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

As a teacher I will warn you, on the "meet the teacher days" there is often a lot going on - you may want to make an appointment with her on that day to discuss your daughter's academic strategy for a time when she can devote her full attention to you.

My daughter is going into 1st grade, so there is no meet the teacher day for her. I said I had made arrangements to meet with her.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

Kris_PBG
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Quoting Kaelaasmom:

That is good - I thought you said new incoming students would be there as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)