Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to keep a 3 year old entertained

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 6:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

How do you keep your 3 year old entertained?  DS is an only child and he gets so bored during the day!  He doesn't want to play in the water, doesn't have much interest in playing with his toys for very long. We go to the park sometimes when it isn't 110 friggin degrees outside, but even then if there aren't other kids there for him to constantly play with, he just gets bored.

Anyone have any ideas on games or activites we can do in the back yard or in the house? I was looking up games for preschoolers online, but most require at least two kids to play, and its just me and him during the day.    

by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheSinFamily
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 6:16 PM

sorry I can't help, my oldest is also 3, but he has his 2 year old and 8 month old sisters to play with. My older two are nonstop together. but here's a bump!

GavinsMommii
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM

no one plays with their kids? lol come on now I need ideas!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Preschooler Moms
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

JaylensMommy807
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Hi!  My daughter is only two but we are in the same situation.  I have been trying to get some type of structure in her day instead of just sitting around the house so I have started getting on the computer with her on my lap and going through youtube and watching super simple songs like the abcs and counting, the itsie bitsie spider, rain rain go away, etc, she loves it!  We also go outside and play tag, swing on the swing and i have her say all the things she sees, and say her abcs, and count, she has been playing in the pool a lot more and has come to love it - so she is trying to "swim"  :)  she goes around the yard and collects stuff and i tell her what it is - we try to go and find new bugs and stuff.  She loves to read so we read alot more, and watch spongebob together ofcourse!  Maybe you could find a play group in your area - I just found one in mine and hopefully will be joining it soon.  I have heard a lot about it and it sounds great.  You could also do color time, plato, make a simple snack together, go for walks, or just make up your own game.  Hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)