Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People on FS get better food then i do wow..just an observation

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM
  • 79 Replies

i have a friend who is on dissability for bipolar dissorder and wow he eats like a king..can get fillet mingon cuts of meat and good steaks now flash to a working woman i have 10x less food live alot on mac and cheese and top raman i am not bashing anyone on food stamps i dont want anyone to starve but i wish i could buy some good foods...

How can i stand the darkness without a distant glow?
How should i cross the desert without a grain of hope?
How can i face the silence without a voice that's near?
And while i feel the raindrops I'm on the verge of tears.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaynesMommy07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM

U have one of two choices...get on PA or get a better paying job.  I personally think filet mignon is gross. lol 

USMCBride08

tell me about it.... im lucky if i can get enough chicken and ground beef to last a month.. thank goodness for pork chops those suckers are cheap LOL.... im scrounging money to buy steaks for dh when i get home bc i have been gone since may and we missed fathers day... cross your fingers for me 

2love

He might be overduing it a little but most of the times the reason for food stamps is so that people can eat better.And hes getting them because hes bipolar?I needa get some too!LOL 

CafeMom Tickers
Ciuplys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM

YEAH  ME TOO barbecuing

adri_nevarez
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM

The way I see it, at least your friend is eating good food.  There are way too many people who sell foodstamps or use them for things that others (like us cafemoms) find inappropriate, so maybe you should just be glad he is not abusing the system and is using it for what it is meant for???

Lez_Lizzard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM

i have a good job (work as a nurse) hence why i cant get PA i was able to get WIC but i hated it..soooo much and agreed filet mignon is gross

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

U have one of two choices...get on PA or get a better paying job.  I personally think filet mignon is gross. lol 

How can i stand the darkness without a distant glow?
How should i cross the desert without a grain of hope?
How can i face the silence without a voice that's near?
And while i feel the raindrops I'm on the verge of tears.

MissJennJenn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I hope you didnt say this to your friend, if shes on FS, then it obviously means that she needs money for food, and you should be glad she has it, no MATTER what shes eating....a friend wouldnt come on the internet and make a post like this.....a friend would be happy that her friend who is obviously struggling and has to be on FS....can actually have a NICE MEAL, prolly something she hasnt had for a while.

pregnant

tretresmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I get FS and I don't eat like a queen  I have to make things stretch and I buy sale items and store brand so I don't think it is right to say people on FS eat better than you.  Maybe they just shop better and buy the good food when it is on sale. 

carlinaiden
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

why waste your time complaining?

USMCBride08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:38 AM

yes but it is NATURAL for someone who works their ass off to be jealous of someone who doesnt yet eats better than they do. gee. If shes on FS, she probably eats like that every month... while us nonPA people most likely dont. Gawd

Quoting MissJennJenn:

I hope you didnt say this to your friend, if shes on FS, then it obviously means that she needs money for food, and you should be glad she has it, no MATTER what shes eating....a friend wouldnt come on the internet and make a post like this.....a friend would be happy that her friend who is obviously struggling and has to be on FS....can actually have a NICE MEAL, prolly something she hasnt had for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)