Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celiac... HELP PLEASE!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:32 AM
  • 18 Replies
So about four months ago we found out that DS1 has Celiac Disease. I wasn't to shocked since nearly DHs entire family has it. Well of course all except DH and his parents. Actually they probably have it as well DHs mom was to dumb to go get tested just bc she does not want to give up breads and pastas. Any way thats a different story and we do have an appt. to get DH tested. Anyway I would ask his family but I don't know them very well. I am in DIRE need of good recipes! I do have a pizza crust recipe that is yummy and some bread recipes that are just okay. I need bread, cake, cookie and just everyday recipes. Any yummy gluten free recipe would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. If you don't have a recipe could you please bump!?!?
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kesh_Cay
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM

idk but BUMP

kk_bella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I thought I had Celiac's disease so I bought that book by that ditzy whatshername on the View. I never read it. I still have it. You can have it, if you pay for shipping.

Or, you can google gluten free recipes. Oh and they will probably have the same book at your local library.

skittlenbonesma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM
I do know I can google them. And I have. Its just that most of them aren't so yummy. DS loves bread so this has been difficult. I would love the book. I will pay for shipping. Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks!
Quoting kk_bella:

I thought I had Celiac's disease so I bought that book by that ditzy whatshername on the View. I never read it. I still have it. You can have it, if you pay for shipping.

Or, you can google gluten free recipes. Oh and they will probably have the same book at your local library.

Lez_Lizzard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

theres a pancake mix that is soo yummy i have a cake recipe too if you replace the reg flour with GF flour it taste excactly the same and dont buy the premade GF cake mix,.,,,,i bought some and it never cooked right,,,

How can i stand the darkness without a distant glow?
How should i cross the desert without a grain of hope?
How can i face the silence without a voice that's near?
And while i feel the raindrops I'm on the verge of tears.

reelo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Bob's red mill has some good mixes, we've used their GF pancake mix quite often for pancakes or made it thicker and used chunks of apples and fried for fritters.....  Anyway, I like their mixes, they've always turned out well for me.

missjess23
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:45 AM

I'm sure there has got to be some recipes in the cooking groups 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
M_May-Rafferty
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:46 AM

A book that I recently bought is the Kid Friendly ADHD and Autism cookbook.  It is all about cooking gluten and casein free, and the recipes are really good.  My 2 year old loves the food.  I have also had Amy's gluten free meals, and they are pretty good. 

To follow my son's story, visit http://www.myspace.com/followmyrecovery

skittlenbonesma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Im really not a mix person but we have been using Pamelas and I LOVE IT. Im really not fond of Bobs Red Mill. Maybe I just need to try it again. LOL
Quoting reelo:

Bob's red mill has some good mixes, we've used their GF pancake mix quite often for pancakes or made it thicker and used chunks of apples and fried for fritters.....  Anyway, I like their mixes, they've always turned out well for me.

skittlenbonesma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Thank you for the idea! I will look for the book. I love making things from scratch!
Quoting M_May-Rafferty:

A book that I recently bought is the Kid Friendly ADHD and Autism cookbook.  It is all about cooking gluten and casein free, and the recipes are really good.  My 2 year old loves the food.  I have also had Amy's gluten free meals, and they are pretty good. 

M_May-Rafferty
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Also, So'fella has gluten free cake mixes, and Bob's Red Mill has cookie and brownie mixes.  You can use any bread recipe, just substitute gf flour and use xanthan gum to hold it together (gluten is what holds bread together).  I can send you some recipes as I find them if you would like. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)