Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbors are pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

They aren't your typical neighbors, they don't make noise, they aren't mean, in fact they are really very nice. Hell, they are even on the welcome wagon and brought us dinner after we had the baby. But..it's worse! They feed the f'n racoons! The few days that they are out of town the racoons roam our neighborhood for food. DH went outside to shut his truck and I guess he forgot to shut the garage door. Well, I just went outside where our washer and dryer are and as I turn the corner, the biggest racoon I have ever seen in my life is standing, or sitting, whatever the do is sitting there staring at me hissing. So I run inside, it didn't follow me but, hell! DH started to bang on the door and I saw it through the window run away. They were trying to get into our dogs food (it's in a container that was a little bit open) but really, our neighbors need to stop feeding them!!!!!! One time they went out of town and we were going to feed their dogs. When DH went over to se where the food was, they showed him where their dogs food was, where the neighbor hood cats food was and where the racoons food was at. Okay..end rant.

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IzzysMommy2005
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM

oh good lord.  I'd call animal control or something.  that's so not safe.  what if they bite someone?

Ciuplys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I hate when mine feed the birds. We live in apartment but birds poop ends up on the patio.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

oh my that is dangerous for the whole neighborhood since the racoon is hissing and stuff at you.  Can you contact your local ASPCA or something to get a live trap to catch and release further away from where you live?

marissaj125
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM

ya i would call animal control. racoons are one of the top animals to carry rabies! dont forget about that! what if someones child was bitten, usauly the symptoms of rabies dont show up till a month later, then its too late. but if theyre in ur garage, imagine where they will try to get too in your home! O.O Eeeeeeeek !

Im a Dreamer, Mother to one little girl born 7~12~09, breastfeeding, teen mom age 16, going to nursing school this coming year, pro~choice, peacefull, Loving, deep thinker, open minded, very out going, lovs to draw and write, down to earth, awsome boyfriend. OverAll~Im~a~Sweet~Artistic~Rocking~Mommy!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Yeah, I think I'm going to call animal control tomorrow. I don't want them to even try and get in our house! And there are dogs all around our neighborhood, I don't want any of them to get bit either.

Quoting marissaj125:

ya i would call animal control. racoons are one of the top animals to carry rabies! dont forget about that! what if someones child was bitten, usauly the symptoms of rabies dont show up till a month later, then its too late. but if theyre in ur garage, imagine where they will try to get too in your home! O.O Eeeeeeeek !

Addiemom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:50 AM

That would freak me out! Our neighbors have a huge deer feeder. At any time of the day there are atleast 20 deer in their yard. So, every time we drive down our road (private drive we share with them) we have to stop because the deer run out in front of us. I swear they are going to run into the side of my car.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

sanab
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:53 AM

A friend of mine will go grocery shopping just to buy bread and veggies and  stuff to feed birds lol

janet42
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Have you spoken to the neighbors about the problem?

Yes, I would call animal control, but you should also nicely, say something to them.

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

Yeah, I think I'm going to call animal control tomorrow. I don't want them to even try and get in our house! And there are dogs all around our neighborhood, I don't want any of them to get bit either.

Quoting marissaj125:

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Everyone in the neighborhood has, incuding DH. When he went over there when they asked us to feed the animals when they were gone he mentioned to them that wasn't safe. They just shrugged it off. I'm not even kidding when I say, she walked a BABY RACOON...ON A LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can talk until we're blue in the face, but they won't do anything about it.

Quoting janet42:

Have you spoken to the neighbors about the problem?

Yes, I would call animal control, but you should also nicely, say something to them.

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

Quoting marissaj125:

llmom1921
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Awww!  We feed our birds behind our apartment all the time.  We love our little family of blue jays that visit us.  We just got a hummingbird feeder, and we have a couple of hummingbirds that visit us every day.  (The kids love that)

Racoons.......... Not a fan!! LOL!!!

Quoting sanab:

A friend of mine will go grocery shopping just to buy bread and veggies and  stuff to feed birds lol

soccer-3.gifl_fb2303c6f2d4aacba866db4761f405e1.gif picture by llmom1921

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)