• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my Dad has a Ulcer..? Or maybe worse...anyone know?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM
  • 2 Replies

I don't know what it could be but I am sure it could be many different things.

For starters my Dads a smoker...a pretty heavy one at that, when I say that hes probably a few cigerettes away from being a chain smoker. He has smoked for YEARS and years. He also used to be a big heavy coffee drinker until just recently where he just can't stand to drink it anymore. In fact, he acutally got sick off of coffee and ended up throwing it up the other morning. My Dad is 49 years old and usually when the grandkids are around hes just a big kid himself.

Lately hes had severe lack of appetite, energy hes loss weight hes also like I said vomited and just this evening (he a truck driver) dropped to his knees cuz he couldn't breath hooking his trailers up. I am really worried and I  hope its nothing real serious! Does anyone else know what it could be? Here is a pic of me and my Dad just a few weeks ago..

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
3kidz4me
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM

That's so sad. I hope you can convince your dad to see a dr. soon so they can figure out what is going on. It just doesn't sound good. I get so frustrated with my own chain-smoking parents but I guess the bottom line is we can't force our parents to do something that they don't want to do....

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)