Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Profile Pictures

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have started to see posts that mention pictures are being stolen from profiles.  I am getting kinda creeped out, but wonder if I take my pictures off, will the moms on here find me less credible?  Will I be accused of being a troll?  I love cafemom, and I love the opinions I get, but I also don't want to risk my children's pictures being abused either... what would you do, or what do you think about this situation?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adulation
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM

if you feel you are protecting yourself and your family by not posting pictures, who cares what other people think?

MaryD621
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Quoting adulation:

if you feel you are protecting yourself and your family by not posting pictures, who cares what other people think?

True !!!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I say go with your gut.  I deleted all my photos, changed my avatar and made my page private recently because of the rumors.   I haven't had any people calling me those names as of yet and even if they do oh well.  Gotta do what you gotta do!  Good luck  :)

adri_nevarez
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Thanks ladies!  I just want to make friends on here, and be seen as a real mom, not some fake.  I have seen too many posts where people are like "look at her profile, there are no pictures"  - but my kids come first... I currently have my profile set to private and still get the "why is your profile set to private" line quite often.  I am just wierded out with pictures being stolen, if you are desperate enough to steal a picture, you are one wierd person!

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I am court ordered to not put my kids on the internet. (ex has a very good lawyer). So I don't have any pics. Also I have heard bad stuff so I don't disagree. I've never had a problem. But then I am on here all the time. Almost every day.

chickie85
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:50 AM

I have been contemplating doing this also but am worried about what you mentioned above. I do like to show my pictures to let people see but it is strange that people would actually steal pictures? I only have some on mine right now so I think I might be mostly safe. If that makes sense? lol.

mommy2isabella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I hate drama and I had my pictures stolen on myspace so i'm pretty cautious. Also my EX made a profile on here and kept making posts like "How much do you hate your ex?" Would you ever get back with your ex?" um yeah....... 

in love blowing bubbles  toddler boy*Happily married to Erik and proud mommy of a girl and a boy*

sanab
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM

If its your kids u are worried about then dont put their pics. Pictures of u shd be enough if u choose to.

mommy2isabella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I say go with your gut.  I deleted all my photos, changed my avatar and made my page private recently because of the rumors.   I haven't had any people calling me those names as of yet and even if they do oh well.  Gotta do what you gotta do!  Good luck  :)

I'm sorry someone started rumors about you.

in love blowing bubbles  toddler boy*Happily married to Erik and proud mommy of a girl and a boy*

thomamomma76
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Quoting adulation:

Exactly!

I witnessed someone on another website go through something horrible concerning family photos years ago, and it was then that I decided that I would limit what I posted about my family online. I can care less of what anyone thinks of me, my family is more important than what someone I don't know has to say. They need to worry about their own family and not me and mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)