Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you say that I'm being a B*tch about this *LANGUAGE*

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:53 AM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you take a car away and trade it in for another if you didn't get paid for it and they had it for 8 months aleady?

Options:

HELL YEAH

HELL NO

I don't know what I'd do

Same thing you are doing

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

February 08' I bought a 2004 Dodge Neon and it was black...there was nothing wrong with it and I paid $4900. My husband and I let his little brother drive my car back and forth to school but he had to take our daughter to school also because I was pregnant. Well we paid 7 months on it and before the next payment on it was due...heres what happen

My husband and I was into it really bad that morning. His dad came in our house QUITELY and motion my husband to come with him and by the look on his dads face (he said) it looked like one of the dogs were dead. He goes with his dad and comes back and I'm in the kitchen doing dishes and my husband says to his dad "let me tell her because she's already pissed at me" so he looks at me and says "I have some bad news about your car" I said "WHAT?" He says "Steven wrecked it and messed it up" Steven is very lucky that my husband and I were into it that day because I wasn't pissed at him I was still really upset and pissed at my husband. (Our daughter wasn't in it with him THANK GOODNESS.)

So my husband and his dad fixed it and it stayed fixed for a little bit. Then my husband decided that we would sell the car to Steven since he already f*cked it up, but he would have to pay us for it. So we let him take is and he had it for 8 months and he hasn't paid us anything...the car is already paid off...we paid it off and Steven MAYBE put $80 into it ONCE.

We been looking for me another car so I'll have a way to go with the babies. So since he hasn't taken any responsiblity in paying us for the car we took it and we are going to trade it in on another car. My husband is trying to work a deal out with his brother...he's talking about just giving his brother his truck, but if his brother doesn't want to do that then he's just shit out of luck.

Heres what Steven told my husband:

When my husband was talking to Steven about the deal and other MAYBE possible ideas...Steven had the nerve to say "I can't make any payments because I just signed the lease and have to pay half of the bills at his girlfriends house." That really pissed me off because we have TWO BABIES AND BILLS and we are buying another car MAYBE even two.

We are going to try and get the trade in on a 2001 Pontiac Grand Dam for $2900. And was talking to Steven about the two cars we are trying to get and Steven said "Your getting the Pontiac for me" and my husband said "HELL NO its for my wife." Then they started talking about if we could only get one then he would have to drive one of the other cars or my husband truck...I be damned if he gets in my car again.

We go up there early in the morning to see what kind of deal we can get. DO YOU THINK I'M BEING A B*TCH FOR TRADING THE CAR IN since he didn't pay ANYTHING? I feel like I am, but the other side is like all happy and stuff.

I just would like your advice and/or what you would do?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JudeandLucy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM

You paid for the car, therefore its YOURS to do with what you please.

If your BIL needs a car, he can go buy one himself.

stephanie39466
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I would trade the car in. Its YOUR car. I'm not really understanding why it is any of his brothers business anyway? I mean you guys were doing him a favor and he clearly took advantage of it. Let him find his own ride. He's not your child.

jjmommy061507

i totally agree wit what your doin!! if your brotherinlaw wants to b a dickhead then you go and b a bitch(as you put it) and trade in dat car. His responibilty was to pay  yall for da car and he didnt. i would have done the same thing that your doin

Mysty_1961

I think you are doing the right thing - go for it and do not look back.  You have no reason to feel bad about this.

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Nope.  It's your car, you paid for it, he wrecked it, you still paid for it.  You need to do what's best for your family not him, he can go without a damn car if he doesn't want to pay you for yours.

MissAndrea125
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I would do what you did, and I wouldn't feel like a bitch. HE should feel like the bitch!!! He needs to grow up and stop mooching off of you and your husband. 

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Do you still legally own the car? Or have you switched it into his brother's name?

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Jafra_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Quoting stephanie39466:

I would trade the car in. Its YOUR car. I'm not really understanding why it is any of his brothers business anyway? I mean you guys were doing him a favor and he clearly took advantage of it. Let him find his own ride. He's not your child.

http://www.paintedpixels.com

janet42
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Morally, it should be yours, because he has not paid in full.

Legally, who's name is it in?

Do you have a contract in writing?

Angee3Monkeys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM

If he is responsible enough to be paying half the bills at his Girlfriends house then he should be able to give you guys payments too. That is just part of life. Hello! lol He just can't get stuff for free. You got kids he don't? But, any who I don't think you were being a bitch... 

baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)