Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its WAY too hot to sleep

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:16 AM
  • 10 Replies

It was 103 here today and my room is boiling still.  My poor dd (who is 11 1/2 months old) is alseep but the pillow she is laying on is completly soaked.  Last night it was hot but not THIS hot and I tried to go to bed around 10:30 and I didn't fall asleep until about 1:30am and I have to wake up at 5am.  No AC and a tiny fan. 

Is anyone else dealing with this? I hate summer

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplyMagical
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:18 AM

I am !! My DH and DS are both sleeping and i cant because my room is boiling!!! the ceiling fan is not cutting it ! lol

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:19 AM

make sure she gets plenty of water...lil one's get dehydrated quick and that heat gets to them faster. Can you get a window fan..they are fairly cheap and push the hot air out and cool air in....here's one for $33.00 at walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10980195

AngelicaRenee
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Well I am lucky and have AC. But I'm not too far from you in Vancouver, WA (just across the bridge from portland!) So we're pretty much getting the same weather. I'd be happy to sit inside all day but my son insists on going out to ride his bike or play in the pool (he's 22 months)

lakajungurl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:22 AM

it is way too hot !it was only *95 today cause it was raining off and on all day !it's gonna be back up to *108 by wednesday !i HATE Texas !!

armygirl16
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM

I have a sippy cup here with some ice..although I'm sure the ice has melted now, I put it in a couple hours ago.  She refuses water but she had a few sips and whenever she wakes up I try and give her some more. 

I can't get the fan, I have a small one that is half an inch bigger then my hand, so that will have to do. 

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

make sure she gets plenty of water...lil one's get dehydrated quick and that heat gets to them faster. Can you get a window fan..they are fairly cheap and push the hot air out and cool air in....here's one for $33.00 at walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10980195

armygirl16
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Oh yeah I hated living in TX too!! Way too hot and WAY too humid!!

Quoting lakajungurl:

it is way too hot !it was only *95 today cause it was raining off and on all day !it's gonna be back up to *108 by wednesday !i HATE Texas !!

armygirl16
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Hello!! lol On channel 2 news today I found it funny they said "and next we'll discuss the heat wave that is coming up"  What the heck??? LOL The one thats coming up?? I hope it doesn't get worse.  I think they just worded it weird.

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

Well I am lucky and have AC. But I'm not too far from you in Vancouver, WA (just across the bridge from portland!) So we're pretty much getting the same weather. I'd be happy to sit inside all day but my son insists on going out to ride his bike or play in the pool (he's 22 months)

lakajungurl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM

my sister is in Lacey Washington and she was saying how hot it was today !Texas sucks !it's a different kind of heat from Louisiana .the news man said there is a cold front coming through tonight so instead of being *90 tonight it's only gonna be *85!

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting lakajungurl:

AngelicaRenee
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:35 AM

haha i hope so! I may have AC but I enjoy going outside without taking a sweat bath! lol. I also love having the windows open. I sure hope the heat wave is over after this week!

Quoting armygirl16:

Hello!! lol On channel 2 news today I found it funny they said "and next we'll discuss the heat wave that is coming up"  What the heck??? LOL The one thats coming up?? I hope it doesn't get worse.  I think they just worded it weird.

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

armygirl16
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Ohh wow I bet she'll get some relief!! LOL

Quoting lakajungurl:

my sister is in Lacey Washington and she was saying how hot it was today !Texas sucks !it's a different kind of heat from Louisiana .the news man said there is a cold front coming through tonight so instead of being *90 tonight it's only gonna be *85!

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting lakajungurl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)