Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preschool?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: did your kid/s go to preschool

Options:

yes

no

not old enough yet

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

Anyones kids not go to preschool? My dd is old enough but we are not sending her b/c we are up in the air about moving and stuff, I want her to bet semi settled when she starts school. But I feel guilty that she isn't going. need someone to tell me Im not the worse parent for not sending my kid to preschool! lol

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyNdarrensMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Me and my brother never went to preschool, and I think we turned out ok...I think anyway. Lol. But they are pushing kids a lot harder now and days to be smarter. I don't know if it's all that horrible not to take your kid(s) to pre-school, they learn most of their stuff at home anyway. Just work with her and then when she hits kindergarten she'll be as smart if not smarter than the rest! lol

good luck!

Proud mama to Skylar Rayne- my 3 yr old little girl.Prod mama to Darren Lewis- my 1 yr old little boy.Proud wife to Christopher Lewis- my 4 yr in the making hubby.Proud child of God- 22 yrs in His care

Addiemom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:27 AM

My son is starting prek this year. He is 3. The only thing I am worried about is we are moving about 1 month into the school year and I want to be able to get him into a preschool wherever we move also. Preschool helped my dd a lot. She is going into k this year.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Addiemom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Quoting Addiemom:

My son is starting prek this year. He is 3. The only thing I am worried about is we are moving about 1 month into the school year and I want to be able to get him into a preschool wherever we move also. Preschool helped my dd a lot. She is going into k this year.

Oh, and you are NOT a bad mommy for not sending her to preschool! I am the type of parent that does not do well with home teaching so preschool was important to me. If you teach her at home then she will be fine!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

stacey787
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

I'm planning to have my little girl start this fall. I think it is a very good idea for the social part, and I hope she might learn something to why she is there.LOL

MaryD621
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:31 AM

No you are not the worst mom for not sending her... 

I didn't send my son until he was 4 for pre-k but I sent my daughter when she was 3 for preschool for the social aspect.  She was a bit withdrawn except for when she was with her brother. 

It's your choice and it's not mandatory.  I agree that sometimes the kids learn more when they are home.

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:33 AM

ugh i really wanted to put my son in pre k this fall but we make too much for him to go to the actual elementary school and i don't want to pay for him to go to daycare when i'm home with my other 2 and there is nothing really good pre k wise that is inexpensive by my house

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
DomesticDoll
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:35 AM

my daughters went, I loved it because they were learning so much and were ready when they went to Kinder. My son though is 18mon. and I have been thinking about it, and dont think he will go ..only because I dont think we can afford it, but feel bad he doesnt have interaction with other kids his age..his sisters are 10 and 8 so they dont really play with him. :(

10-1.gif BEING A MOM ROCKS image by CindyBug555momnocape.png mom no cape image by mommiesdestini

Sirenabella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I guess it all depends on where you are. In my town kids are pretty much expected to have been to preschool and to walk into kinder already knowing their letters, numbers, shapes, do some reading, writing, math, have the whole social aspect worked out, etc. Not going to preschool is looked on as a major downfall. Strange considering they don't offer it and you have to pay massive sums for it.  

Daniellecrimson
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I tried to send my youngest son to pre-school when he was 4 years old, but after 3 weeks  they said he was to immature to go. He lived, I lived, it was fine and I had more to do again.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/danielle.vega
http://www.artfire.com/users/daniellecrimson
ayden05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:42 AM

My son is 4 ans is starting pre-k August 10th. I'm a nervous wreck cause I'm pretty much a stay at home mom and he's always with me.  I'm also excited cause he's never around kids his age. I hope it goes well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)