Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about G.E.D./highschool diploma...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM
  • 17 Replies

Can you take the test for getting your GED even if you have a high school diploma? I graduated hs in 1989, but thought if I could take the GED test as a refresher course and then try and look for a job to help with finances. I want to feel better educated, since it has been so long since I was in hs, which I didn't do very well or put a lot of effort into it. 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM

not sure. I got my GED and the class I was taking for it had an age limit of like 21. But that was just the class. I don't know about the college who was offering the tests (i took the class cause that way the test was free! lol)

cjsmom0206
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Why not just order the GED workbook?

LaNette000
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Where can I find one of those?

Quoting cjsmom0206:

luv2wahm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I am not sure..but I will bump this for you!

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

LaNette000
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I also want my husband to get his GED, he dropped out in 10th grade, and went straight to work, and has worked ever since. I told him it would just bring him up to date and he could feel good knowing he has it! 

LaNette000
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:43 AM

TY

Quoting luv2wahm:

I am not sure..but I will bump this for you!

cjsmom0206

Not 100% sure, but Barnes and Noble sells text books, you might have to order it, but they might be able to help you.

Quoting LaNette000:

Quoting cjsmom0206:

LaNette000

OK thank you! :0)

Quoting cjsmom0206:

Not 100% sure, but Barnes and Noble sells text books, you might have to order it, but they might be able to help you.

Quoting LaNette000:

Quoting cjsmom0206:

cjsmom0206
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM

It would make him feel good. I found out in the 6th grade that my own father dropped out of highschool. I was SHOCKED!!! He was such a hardass when it came to my own grades and he seemed like the smartest person I knew at the time....he got his GED, went back to college and is a doctor now :)

Quoting LaNette000:

I also want my husband to get his GED, he dropped out in 10th grade, and went straight to work, and has worked ever since. I told him it would just bring him up to date and he could feel good knowing he has it! 

cjsmom0206
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 AM

This is what you want from B and N.

Cover Image
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)