Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HCG injections- for weight loss....heard of it?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM
  • 16 Replies

Heard of it?  Tried it?  Injections of the hormone HCG once daily for 50 days along side a low cal diet.  Anyone heard of it or tried it?  BUMP if you don't mind.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2wahm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM

My husband does OSHA training as a side business...one of his clients is doing the HCG..my husband said, this guy has lost a ton of weight...I looked into it...I don't think it's something I would do..

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

Meganskiddos
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Why if you don't mind me asking?  My mom is maybe doing it and I told her I would help her research for her.  Just thought I would ask you ladies if you heard of it.

Quoting luv2wahm:

My husband does OSHA training as a side business...one of his clients is doing the HCG..my husband said, this guy has lost a ton of weight...I looked into it...I don't think it's something I would do..

MNLETLE
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Bump

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Meganskiddos
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Quoting MNLETLE:

Bump

Meganskiddos
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:55 AM

bump

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I maybe confusing this but is HCG the pregnancy hormone? If not someone tell me what HCG is...

I'm intrested because I struggle with weight loss I have Hashimoto's and PCOS.

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

luv2wahm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM

When I looked into it the first thing that shocked me was that the diet only allowed 500 calories a day...I have gone through classes for my insulin resistance and I have learned, when you only give your body that few of calories...your body will go into a survival mode. It will start storing all calories...your metabolism gets all screwed up..so when you stop the injections...you have the potential to gain even more weight than you started with.

It isn't a lifestyle that I feel many people can sustain for long periods of time.

I have tried every gimic known to man...and I am slowly learing the ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off is through diet and exercise...it's a reality that I am facing right now...and I am ready to make that commitment to myself.

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

luv2wahm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:05 AM

It is the pregnancy hormone.

Quoting Supervane:

I maybe confusing this but is HCG the pregnancy hormone? If not someone tell me what HCG is...

family in the van

hautemama83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM

I have only heard very little about it, mostly on tv morning shows and what not but its still a pretty controversial thing some say its okay others say it really not good for your body, I would suggest having your mom talk it over with her doctor first to get their opinion.

in lovebaby boygirl on a swing

Meganskiddos
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM

It is the hormone the placenta produces.  So you are correct.

Quoting Supervane:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)