• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about TTC & BC....

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

My husband and I want to conceive in December or January with #2...

No thanks to my Dr. I've cut my Rx in half for my Lyrica.. so now I just have to wean myself off the remaining 150 mg's.. but I'm wondering how soon I should stop taking my birth control..

How soon after getting off bc did it take for you to conceive?  I can't remember if I was on bc before I conceived my son - so I can't compare, but I do know that it only took us about a month to get pregnant once we started trying..

Oh, and I've been on this bc for 3 years now...

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Trying to Conceive

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

HeatherMae55
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Bump for all you morning ladies.. 

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

mel808
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM
took me 4-5 months both times.
KyliesMommy0407
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM

When we got pregnant with DD, it happened pretty fast.  I finished my BC in May, had a period in June and got pregnant in July.  My OB/GYN recommended having a full cycle off of the BC before getting pregnant.

Good luck!

kksmommy23
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:45 AM

With my oldest I was off it for 2 weeks when I got pregnant.  My second I was on birth control when I got pregnant....I am quite the fertile myrtle though...LOL

HeatherMae55
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

OK -  That makes sense.  I guess I could stop sometime in October then...  Thanks! :)

Quoting KyliesMommy0407:

When we got pregnant with DD, it happened pretty fast.  I finished my BC in May, had a period in June and got pregnant in July.  My OB/GYN recommended having a full cycle off of the BC before getting pregnant.

Good luck!

AFWifeNMom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

O was not on BC with my first and i got PG on our honeymoon. They with #2 i took BC for about 2 months after having #1 and it took over 2 years after stopping. I will never take BC again

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)