• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone else feel the same way that i do about religion? spin off

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:54 AM
  • 61 Replies

I am an agnostic. my real problem lies in organized religion being used to control populations of people for the betterment of the upper classes and to the detriment of the lower classes. this is a common theme that anyone with half a brain and the ability to remove their blinders will inevitably see. god isn't the one we should be questioning, its the man made religions that use his name.

does anyone else feel the same? if not, tell me more, I am interested in everyone opinions.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caiti
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Completely. You pretty much said it all. I hate that religion is used as an "excuse" for intolerance and ignorance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Boy Stole my Heart

bkwrmem
by Emily on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Quoting caiti:

Completely. You pretty much said it all. I hate that religion is used as an "excuse" for intolerance and ignorance.

i agree.

Due Date
stsh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Your right!!! specially all the money that they take from all their followers. Most religions "man made" all they care is the money or how rich and powerful they are going to became, doesn't matter who they have to steped on; makes me mad!!!

angryslap Ok, I need to control myself!!!

DomesticDoll
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:13 AM

what is a Agnostic? I never heard of it , so just curious.

10-1.gif BEING A MOM ROCKS image by CindyBug555momnocape.png mom no cape image by mommiesdestini

WildKat
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Yup.  Organized religion enables 'group-think'.  And groups don't think as objectively as individuals. 

For me the class difference thing doesn't jump out at me as much - but the population control does.  I feel religions that ban all birth control care more about their membership numbers than their member's abilities to feed and care for all those children, or for the plight of the woman that is often left responsible for them all.

Peace,

Kat

manda14311
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Quoting DomesticDoll:

what is a Agnostic? I never heard of it , so just curious.

its basically a person who is unsure, someone who does not know which religion or god is real or "right"

I think that if there is a god, that it would be pretty arrogant of me to assume that I know what he wants of me, or that he cares either way.

chelsilynn4boys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Nope.....everyone has their rights to express their beliefs,that's all I have to say.

I'm a non vaccinating,non circumcising,pro-LIFE,country & rock music lovin',straight,Catholic,NATURAL DRUG FREE birthing,extended breastfeeding,non spanking,non baby wearing,older men lovin',non gay marriage supporting daughter to an army man,submissive wife to another army man,and stay-at-home momma to 4 gorgeous boys with another on the way!Did I cover everything?

jonesyj08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:23 AM

way to goAmen Chica...Amen (No pun intended. LOL)

smcclure2005
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:28 AM

I agree.

Quoting chelsilynn4boys:

Nope.....everyone has their rights to express their beliefs,that's all I have to say.

I'm a non vaccinating,non circumcising,pro-LIFE,country & rock music lovin',straight,Catholic,NATURAL DRUG FREE birthing,extended breastfeeding,non spanking,non baby wearing,older men lovin',non gay marriage supporting daughter to an army man,submissive wife to another army man,and stay-at-home momma to 4 gorgeous boys with another on the way!Did I cover everything?

manda14311
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM
I just tend to be offended when a stranger thinks that because I don't follow their specific doctrine, that I am "going to hell" why is it that a person with no religion is assumed to be incapable of leading a good life that anyone would be proud of?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)