Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contacts..............................

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

My last pair ripped, and I'm off to the beach later on today! Can I just buy a box at walmart? I got my eye examined there like close to two years ago lol. I know they have the contact boxes there but hmmmm, I bet you they;ll try to make me get a examination again. Wish this happened a few days ago then I could of ordered some offline.

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would"~ Edward, Midnight Sun

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:53 AM

If you have your current prescription, yes you can. You might have to wait, or if you're unlucky enough that they don't have your specific prescription on hand, it could be a couple days.

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM

I hope not :(  I'm going to go there in a few. But it looks like I need a current one. Mine is outdated, ugh I hate my glasses when it comes to swimming.

Quoting SAMNMAYASMOM:

If you have your current prescription, yes you can. You might have to wait, or if you're unlucky enough that they don't have your specific prescription on hand, it could be a couple days.

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would"~ Edward, Midnight Sun

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM

They never let me buy some if my prescription is outdated....so good luck!!! I hated swimming when I didn't have contacts.

CafeMom Tickers

in love I Married My High School Sweetheartttc

Marimaru
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Almost nowhere will let you buy contacts with a perscription that is over a year old.  Even the places I order from online will call your eye doctor to verify your scrip.

pregnancy

She's a girl!!

adulation
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM

you might have to get an exam done first.... at least i know that in order for me to get new contacts my prescription can't be more than a year old.   it expires every year.  so if i order them after it's been a year since my last exam i have to go get a while new exam.  i hate it, it's $55 being thrown down the toilet as far as i'm concerned!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)