Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why now, why ever

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

i know they say life is hard. but why when you are at your lowest does it feel like everything happens to keep you there.

well first dh is getting layed off for the second time on friday, his phone messed up now we need a new one, my electric bill just came out to 250 for a freaking tiny two bedroom apartment, there was a delay and im not getting my foodstamps when they said i was, dh car broke down and we aint got the money to fix it, and just now i tried to charge my phone and i cant, either the phone or the charger dont work. we aint got the $20 to go to walmart to get a new one and we sure dont have money to get me a new phone if its not the charger. 

i feel like we are never going to be able to be truly happy. everything and anything comes along to bring me more stress. if i dont have a phone then how can i call someone if something happens while i am dropping dh off at work or taking the kids to the park.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crysjuls
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:31 AM
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. All I can say is that I've been there and it WILL get better. Just have faith. Hope things get better soon!!!
Lovingmyboys07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Things will eventually get better, just give it time. Cell phones are NOT a necessity.

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 AM

my cell phone is when i have to drive 45min to drop hubby off at work and another 45 to pick him up. plus our car is messing up right now and i have to wait til the weekend cuz dh mom said she will get it fixed for us

Quoting Lovingmyboys07:

Things will eventually get better, just give it time. Cell phones are NOT a necessity.

LiSsY0924
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:44 AM

I was living in low-income on foodstamps and cash assistance for about a year and everything that could go wrong, did. My fiance and I worked through the tough times together and they do get better. Everything happens for a reason and even though you may not know the reason, somewhere there is one. Just try to focus on the fact that you have your family and you all are together, dealing with it together and will get through it.

Where do yinz live? My fiance drills natural gas wells and a guy just quit and if you are somewhere near me or are willing to relocate for good money, I'm sure he could get your husband a job...

It's a great job. We went from, like I said, low-income, cash asst, foodstamps, to renting a big, 3 bedroom house, getting a car, and getting off assistance. I hope i can help I know how you feel. Trust me. I been there.

LiSsY0924
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Oh and my fiance and I's cell phones ARE a necessity b/c that is our house phone as well. We do not have a landline. He HAS to have a cell phone for his job and I have one at home b/c it's our only phone for here and I am home with the boys all day by myself and moved where i do not know anyone but a few people (thanks to CM). So, in some cases, they ARE a necessity.

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:52 AM

we live in south texas. dh said he would move but we dont know where. it would be hard cuz we dont have any money saved to get us there. kwim.

Quoting LiSsY0924:

I was living in low-income on foodstamps and cash assistance for about a year and everything that could go wrong, did. My fiance and I worked through the tough times together and they do get better. Everything happens for a reason and even though you may not know the reason, somewhere there is one. Just try to focus on the fact that you have your family and you all are together, dealing with it together and will get through it.

Where do yinz live? My fiance drills natural gas wells and a guy just quit and if you are somewhere near me or are willing to relocate for good money, I'm sure he could get your husband a job...

It's a great job. We went from, like I said, low-income, cash asst, foodstamps, to renting a big, 3 bedroom house, getting a car, and getting off assistance. I hope i can help I know how you feel. Trust me. I been there.

LiSsY0924
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Quoting sadeyez11:

we live in south texas. dh said he would move but we dont know where. it would be hard cuz we dont have any money saved to get us there. kwim.

Quoting LiSsY0924:

Oh I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA. My kids, DF and I just moved more near Philly, PA for this job. I wish I could help because I seriously know how you feel. I know that's the last thing you want to hear is that I know how you feel, but trust me, I do. :-( You can PM me anytime if you need anything. What cell company do you have?

onecuteladybug2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:57 AM

They may not be a necessity to you, however, many people now have cell phones instead of landlines. My cell phone is a necessity, as I live in an area where everything is very spread out, and there are no pay phones anywhere. In addition to that, my car is less than reliable and if I were to have car trouble, especially in the heat wave currently happening around here, with my kids in the car, I need to be able to call for help.

Quoting Lovingmyboys07:

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:08 AM

we have pocket, the ones that you pay them month to month. like cricket.  they are the ones with unlimited everythign for only 25 a month.

Quoting LiSsY0924:

Quoting sadeyez11:

Quoting LiSsY0924:

Oh I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA. My kids, DF and I just moved more near Philly, PA for this job. I wish I could help because I seriously know how you feel. I know that's the last thing you want to hear is that I know how you feel, but trust me, I do. :-( You can PM me anytime if you need anything. What cell company do you have?

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:08 AM

same here, my cell is my home phone.

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

They may not be a necessity to you, however, many people now have cell phones instead of landlines. My cell phone is a necessity, as I live in an area where everything is very spread out, and there are no pay phones anywhere. In addition to that, my car is less than reliable and if I were to have car trouble, especially in the heat wave currently happening around here, with my kids in the car, I need to be able to call for help.

Quoting Lovingmyboys07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)