Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one to find this SPECIAL?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

So my husband and I were discussing something and I wanted to know your opinions...I am someone who likes to see someone's reaction when they open a present, get a good tip or whatever positive something. 

My daughter is the first great-grandbaby for his Mother's Mother, who has not seen her yet and she is 20 months (because she lives out of the country), so tomorrow will be the first time she sees/meets her and I really want to be there when she does and dress up my daughter like a little princess/semi-formal to make a good impression.  My husband does not think it is a big deal and that he was just going to drop her off at his parent's house where his grandma will be staying and her flight will be there late at night.

Am I the only one that thinks my daughter meeting her great-grandma is a big deal and that I should want to be there or no biggie, just drop her off?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:33 AM

OOO I love seeing peoples reaction also. Dress her up momma and go along!

roxy85
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:33 AM

I think dressing her up is a big much, but I only have boys so maybe that's why it's weird. I can kind of see your husband's point since she's 20mo. She might not even say anything or look at the lady. If you're into that sort of thing though then go for it...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Lovingmyboys07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Dressing her nicely is good but def not like a princess! That is over board and your MIL will probably be like, wtf?

Sirenabella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:37 AM

It depends on the dynamic of his family.... how they see/do things.  

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 AM

I dont mean like a princess with the whole tutu bit, just like a sun dress and floral sandals and the bracelet/bangle his grandma got her.  My daughter is very chatty but she gets very shy around strangers but like I said, this great-grandma has never seen her besides pictures and maybe a video, so it is not like I want to have her in shorts and a t-shirt-type thing but looking like a little lady.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:39 AM

I would just put her in a nice sun dress, not formal wear since she may get a lot of hugs and kisses so the dress would be ruined anyhow.

sadeyez11
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:40 AM

i would dress her up in a nice dress not all princess style but in a nice casual dress and be there. when my gma hadnt seen my kids, when she came and was going to see them for the first time i made sure they looked super cute and made sure dd hair was just perfect. well gma got here and hardly even acknowledged they were around. last time i get the kids all dressed up for my gma.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM

I would dress her up if you want to its a special day and I would stick around. my dd is all princess and she is always dressed up. Maybe you could take pics of the meeting, but just beware that at that age kids are unpredictable and she may not even acknowledge her.

onecuteladybug2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:49 AM

My only suggestion would be to make sure whatever you put her in is comfortable. Since this is their first meeting, your daughter may decide she doesn't want to be smothered with kisses, so be sure to let her make that decision.

My kids are very fortunate, as we have spent the better part of both of their lives hanging out with my grandmother...

LiSsY0924
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:58 AM

I kind of agree with Roxy. I would dress her in something nice, but not like super dressy b/c you want your daughter to be comfortable too. You know? Although, as Roxy, I have two boys, so maybe I just don't understand not being a mother of a girl. Uhm, I would definetly want to be there though. I'm sure you would like to see/meet her too! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)